Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana says Marc Overmars and Edwin van der Sar responsible for team ‘playing shit’


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

Quote

 

Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana has put a chunk of the blame for his team’s poor season on Marc Overmars and Edwin van der Sar, who he says are responsible for the team ‘playing shit’. PSV Eindhoven sealed the Eredivisie title on Sunday with a 3-0 victory over Ajax. Had Ajax won the match, they would have reduced the gap between themselves and the table-toppers to just four points and kept the title fight alive.

fate Onana expressed his disappointment with Ajax’s season in the aftermath of the defeat and picked out two of the most senior figures at the club. Manchester United great Van der Sar is the chief executive of the Dutch giants while Arsenal legend Overmars is director of football. ‘That this happens is not only the fault of the manager [Erik ten Hag], because I know that the media will spread negativity about him,’ said Onana. ‘Marc Overmars and Edwin van der Sar, they are all equally responsible for making us play shit. It is the fault of everyone at Ajax, not just that of Ten Hag.’

So disillusioned is the 22-year-old Cameroon international that he indicated he’s ready to leave Ajax this summer. ‘I can stay and try to be champion next season, but if something better comes I’ll be away. I think it’s important to look at my own career, I’m ready for my next step with a new challenge.’

 

Ajax are such in a mess, with fighting in the board room, Dennis Bergkamp suing Ajax the other week and rewarded that Ajax pay him 20,000 euros a week for the next couple of years.   Also the board Overmars, Van der Sar etc sacking managers and hiring new ones who have not been popular this year.    Ajax have made over 175 million euros in Transfers over the last few years but none of that money has been spent,  they are using their youth heavily but lacking serious experience which is needed, the fans are just very angry as they clashed with the players and staff on Sunday night, protesting that Van der sar quits. 

 

Edited by VanPaddy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can understand being upset about not winning a league title its a little weird to tell potential shoppers that you're available when you've gone and bad-mouthed the management hierarchy as well. Strange and ludicrous behavior.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

While I can understand being upset about not winning a league title its a little weird to tell potential shoppers that you're available when you've gone and bad-mouthed the management hierarchy as well. Strange and ludicrous behavior.

I think Onana is the least of Ajax worries, he can sometimes be a bit of a clown, so it won't be a big miss if he did leave Ajax.  The worrying thing is that Ajax will be ripped apart again, they never really replaced anyone from last year after losing several players.      De Ligt and Frenkie de Jong are 99% leaving for Barcelona,  Neres will leave for a large fee to a big club,   Justin Kluivert also will probably be targeted as will Donny van de Beek.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

I think Onana is the least of Ajax worries, he can sometimes be a bit of a clown, so it won't be a big miss if he did leave Ajax.  The worrying thing is that Ajax will be ripped apart again, they never really replaced anyone from last year after losing several players.      De Ligt and Frenkie de Jong are 99% leaving for Barcelona,  Neres will leave for a large fee to a big club,   Justin Kluivert also will probably be targeted as will Donny van de Beek.    

Hasn't this been a cyclical thing now for a while though? Retention has always been a problem and even if you try and retain players their heads will easily be turned by the bigger club names and the lure of money as well. Its quite sad because I would like to see them compete with a chance of progression to the semis at some point. What is the club doing to actually retain all its good players?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Hasn't this been a cyclical thing now for a while though? Retention has always been a problem and even if you try and retain players their heads will easily be turned by the bigger club names and the lure of money as well. Its quite sad because I would like to see them compete with a chance of progression to the semis at some point. What is the club doing to actually retain all its good players?

Nothing really at the moment, because the board is a problem as well, Dennis Bergkamp really is the blame for this big mess, he fell out with a few people then it spiriled from there.     Ajax is very rich now, they can keep players if they wanted more money,  Players like Kluivert and de Ligt are only 18 years old, they need to stay for at least another 4 years, so do the other players as well, they are the future of the Dutch national team interest as well.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

As a player you see that kind of shit and someone offers you a chance to play in Division 100 somewhere else you'd take it.

Well Ajax havent won the league now for 4 years but have 100s of millions in the bank, this is the problem. fans are angry and want to know where is this club going. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

Nothing really at the moment, because the board is a problem as well, Dennis Bergkamp really is the blame for this big mess, he fell out with a few people then it spiriled from there.     Ajax is very rich now, they can keep players if they wanted more money,  Players like Kluivert and de Ligt are only 18 years old, they need to stay for at least another 4 years, so do the other players as well, they are the future of the Dutch national team interest as well.     

I always tell people that Ajax in '94 is one of my favorite European teams of all time. The amount of raw talent and the years after of great national team games showed what happens when you build something good. Obviously having the kind of negativity around the club and the lack of silverware is going to make fans do the kinds of things in that video but surely even the upper management can't think that this will make players want to come to their club? Its also not like they aren't nurturing talent as is evident with the likes of Justin, De Ligt and De Jong. Sad to see a great club come to this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I always tell people that Ajax in '94 is one of my favorite European teams of all time. The amount of raw talent and the years after of great national team games showed what happens when you build something good. Obviously having the kind of negativity around the club and the lack of silverware is going to make fans do the kinds of things in that video but surely even the upper management can't think that this will make players want to come to their club? Its also not like they aren't nurturing talent as is evident with the likes of Justin, De Ligt and De Jong. Sad to see a great club come to this.

It needs stability, they have had 3 managers in 1 year.    Rumour that Jordi Cruyff will come in as a director of football, he has previously done this at other clubs as he is leaving his post in Israel.   Ajax have so much talent but they need to keep them, also they need experience especially in defence.   I hope they will learn from things and the board also, its just a problem when there are too many top people it causes problems as they all have different ideas, with Overmars, Bergkamp, Van der Sar and other people in the background.      

Edited by VanPaddy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...