talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ex-Rover Jason Lowe signs for Bolton

Signed today on a two year deal, was at Birmingham City last season and didn't do much of note. However, almost 200 appearances for Blackburn at Championship level suggests there's something to him. 

That he has a track record in the division is already a massive step forward from this time last season. 

Thoughts @JOSHBRFC, @roversgirl ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Nobody at all rates him at Ewood. Shame as I liked him in his earlier days with us but ultimately he just isn’t good enough. 

This was initially a concern, however, none of your lot rated Per Frandsen, Youri Djorkaeff, El-Hadji Diouf or Kevin Davies!

From what I understand, he's a no-frills lump who breaks up the play, which is what we need after turning down Karl Henry. I wonder if he's a classic Blackburn scapegoat, like Darren Pratley was for us?

*Being optimistic here, I really don't want him to be dross.*

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

This was initially a concern, however, none of your lot rated Per Frandsen, Youri Djorkaeff, El-Hadji Diouf or Kevin Davies!

From what I understand, he's a no-frills lump who breaks up the play, which is what we need after turning down Karl Henry. I wonder if he's a classic Blackburn scapegoat, like Darren Pratley was for us?

*Being optimistic here, I really don't want him to be dross.*

He will be absolutely class and your player of the season, just watch. B|

• 4 weeks later...

I had a lot of time for Jason Lowe but I can understand why the fans got frustrated with him in the end. He reminds me of a lower league Jordan Henderson - does the simple things and works hard but that's about it. If he is paired with the right central midfielder (someone creative and skilful) he will do alright for you and he can also be used as right back if needed.

Archived