talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Canadian Football

football forum

More and more is becoming of this and I am excited for it. Finally Canada gets its own league and not following the example of other American sports of just merging the league into 2. In some instances like Hockey and Basketball, I do understand the need for it. Football is different though. Its more universal and I do think its necessary to do this.

Here are the teams so far

Calvary FC - Calgary

FC Edmonton - Edmonton

Forge FC - Hamilton

Halifax Wanderers - Halifax

Pacific FC - Victoria Island

Valour FC - Winnipeg

York 9 FC - York

They want at least 2 more teams, so here are my proposals

Quebec City - Sure Quebec isn't exactly a football hotbed, neither is Quebec City a huge city despite being absolutely lovely. However, Quebec is a major province of the country and I feel it needs to have its own team in this league. Quebec and Ontario are the 2 most representative provinces and I feel its a must to include them. Montreal wont gather much interest due to already having the Impact in the MLS, and the road to Gazpe is filled with nothingness, 1 street towns. This may be contradictory to something I will mention later mind you, but I do think Quebec City is the best bet.

Another BC team - Outside of Vancouver of course, BC is another representative province of the country and probably the one with the biggest cities outside of Ontario. While not as populous as Quebec, its still an important part of the country and I think they should have another team. I heard Surrey was a choice, wouldn't be a bad one either.

Whitehorse/Yellowknife - This one is more selfishness than anything and slightly contradicts and earlier point, but it would be cool to have Whitehorse or Yellowknife here. The north have no sports and while they have a very small population and would be useless for marketing, the stadiums could still gather interest as they have no other sports teams in any big leagues.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will see. Reading about the unveiling of York 9 is pretty depressing. No real fan support behind it although it looks like a group called, Gen IX, is in the works. 

I mentioned this in the other thread, but this will be like the Welsh league. Existent but mostly deserted as the best teams in the country will be playing in the more popular league. We shall see though, can't hurt the sport in Canada. 

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

We will see. Reading about the unveiling of York 9 is pretty depressing. No real fan support behind it although it looks like a group called, Gen IX, is in the works. 

I mentioned this in the other thread, but this will be like the Welsh league. Existent but mostly deserted as the best teams in the country will be playing in the more popular league. We shall see though, can't hurt the sport in Canada. 

I wouldn't go as far as the Welsh league. Some of these cities don't even have sports teams at all. But it's exciting for some of us even if we don't know the big outcome.

Pretty pointless tournament, but done with all teams within Canada. To no one's surprise, this tournament is dominated by the MLS sides. 

Second Legs of the Semi's is tonight. 

Toronto currently up 1-0 on Ottawa Fury (2-0 Agg)
Vancouver play Montreal tonight, with the Impact winning the first game 1-0. 

10 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Canada has huge amount of people with Europeon heritage. Why they haven't developed their football culture ?

.......it’s cold as shit

Archived