talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Many Pubs Near Your Ground

football forum

After hearing the news that we've got another season at Griffin Park I was day dreaming about how big my first pub crawl back in England will be.

Anyway, within about a 15 minute walk of your ground, how many boozers are there? Tried to ignore things like Gastropubs and mini Harvesters in this but we've got around 18, more or less.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A number of pubs in and around the Arsenal ground.  If we eliminate the Drayton Arms which always takes in the away fans, you have the Highbury Tavern, Alwyne Castle, Canonbury Tavern (those are the only ones I'll drink in)... And a multitude on the Holloway Road (if you're brave) and a little further towards my area on Upper Street going towards The Angel.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

A number of pubs in and around the Arsenal ground.  If we eliminate the Drayton Arms which always takes in the away fans, you have the Highbury Tavern, Alwyne Castle, Canonbury Tavern (those are the only ones I'll drink in)... And a multitude on the Holloway Road (if you're brave) and a little further towards my area on Upper Street going towards The Angel.

I said no gastropubs:ph34r: 

23 minutes ago, Danny said:

I said no gastropubs:ph34r: 

You tell me these days which pub isn't a gastro pub mate! xD Especially in London and here anything in the area around Highbury... Canonbury, Angel, Barnsbury etc... They're nearly all competing with each other not on specialty lagers and ales, but also top notch food.  Who cooks Sunday Roast these days (apart from myself)?

Archived