• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netherlands 2-1 Perú - Thursday 6th September

football forum

• The title was changed to Thursday 6th September - Netherlands vs Peru
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit more pessimistic about this one than when I first talked about it. A lot of our players are either debutants (Calcaterra, Madrid) or completely out of form (Trauco). Guerrero is obviously missing and Trauco will have to mark Kluivert. 

I thought we would be able to beat the Netherlands before, but I'm not so sure now. We'll either lose both or draw one and lose the other. There is just a lack of experience in the lineups that are expected.

That's what friendlies are for though: players like Johan Madrid will need time to get used to it just like it took the likes of Flores and Trauco some time. I would love to win this but I can't see it.

• The title was changed to Netherlands vs Peru - Thursday 6th September
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

where's Advincula and Tapia?

Advincula got injured in training. Tapia I think is also injured but for him it's more he's not fit enough as he has made the bench for Feyenoord.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

nice kit that.

Really? The majority of people here are underwhelmed. Most people are complaining about that red sleeve on the right, but I also think the sash is a little bit too big.

I miss Umbro.

The new lineup. It appears Advincula WILL start. He's recovered in time.

Gallese

Advincula - Ramos - Santamaria - Trauco

Aquino - Yotun

Carrillo - Cueva - Flores

Farfan

I've regained my confidence a bit again, but these games are no risk to be honest. Beating someone like the Netherlands is always an honour, but we need to gel some new players in. I would love to see Calcaterra over Cueva for this one.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Blue said:

Really? The majority of people here are underwhelmed. Most people are complaining about that red sleeve on the right, but I also think the sash is a little bit too big.

I miss Umbro.

yes. to me, it's a nice kit.

Our lineup is confirmed.

Gallese

Advincula - Ramos - Santamaria - Trauco

Aquino - Yotun

Carrillo - Cueva - Loyola

Farfan

Didn't see Loyola coming, but I am not going to complain as I was hoping for an experiment in the lineup. It is interesting to see him at left wing though.

Just now, Panna King said:

Never known a team to out play someone with only 35% of possession. 

We've had the only dangerous chances so far.

Maybe "outplaying" wasn't the right word, but we've been better.

The Netherlands have been shocking, but I have been impressed with their CB pairing. They are doing a good job in keeping us out.

Those wing backs look suspect though, especially Blind.

We're winning because The Netherlands don't have a clue how to improvise with their possession but we weren't all that good in the first half. Sloppy passing from the back and playing it too much in our own half with the ball.

Hopefully the second will be better, and it usually is.

Archived