talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Carl Robinson Leaves Vancouver Whitecaps

football forum

Former Wolves and Sunderland midfielder Carl Robinson has been released as head coach of the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Robinson, who picked up 52 caps for Wales between 1999 and 2009, headed across the Atlantic after spells at Norwich and Portsmouth, playing in the latter's promotion-winning side of 2002-03.

He took the reigns of the Major League Soccer side in December 2013 and recorded 75 wins and 75 losses in his 200 games in charge, guiding the club to a Canadian Championship in 2015 and the semi-finals of the Concacaf Champions League in 2016-17.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wasnt really surprising when this was announced. I am still curious to see how the club uses the Davies funds and I think that will be the biggest tell in all of this. Admittedly I dont follow the Cap's closely but from my perspective Carl's always been ok, with the budget hes given to work with he has unearthed a few gems and done a decent job with the squad hes had at his disposal. Losing Tim Parker for example seemed to leave a big hole in defence and they let him go strictly over wages.

Archived