• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Wales vs Slovakia - Sunday 24th March, 2019

Recommended Posts

Cardiff City Stadium

Kick-off 14.00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting line up. Ramsey being out means that this is a chance for Brooks to shine, though I fear for the defence. 

Davies, Roberts, Lawrence and Mepham in defence is a massive call from Giggs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing well so far, though Slovakia have gotten behind our defence a couple of times so need to be careful there. 

If we can get another goal, that should be enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VERY lucky there. Header straight at Hennessey was parried to Hancko's feet and he completely air shot the rebound. 

Any good connection and it would be 1-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full Time - 1-0 to Wales. 

Good win that, especially as Slovakia and Croatia will be our main rivals for qualification. 

However, we were hanging on towards the end, not helped by the subs and tactic change Giggs made, namely taking Brooks off for Tyler Roberts, James off for Ashley Williams and changing us to a back three. He'll need to be a bit careful with changes like that as that's inviting trouble. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Full Time - 1-0 to Wales. 

Good win that, especially as Slovakia and Croatia will be our main rivals for qualification. 

However, we were hanging on towards the end, not helped by the subs and tactic change Giggs made, namely taking Brooks off for Tyler Roberts, James off for Ashley Williams and changing us to a back three. He'll need to be a bit careful with changes like that as that's inviting trouble. 

Vital win for Wales. Can't see Croatia not winning the group so hopefully Wales can get second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Vital win for Wales. Can't see Croatia not winning the group so hopefully Wales can get second.

We're away to Croatia next. A point there would be a great result. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We're away to Croatia next. A point there would be a great result. 

The good thing is there is no play offs so second will get them through. Not bad for a team with only 2 players ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement