Manager of the Season   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Manager of the Season

• Jurgen Klopp
    • Pep Guardiola
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Mauricio Pochettino

47 minutes ago, Asura said:

For punching above their capacity with third in the league and also fucked pep in europe without a condom and ended their quad dream with a squad worth 1/1000000000000th of City's... so his inclusion shouldnt be a surprise really

Europe shouldn't matter for the Premier League Manager of the Season though...

I think Pochettino is a very good manager, but I wouldn't have him in contention for this award this year. It's not all his fault, Spurs lack depth and didn't spend over the summer and I'm sure he would have preferred to have been able to remedy that. But the wheels also spectacularly came off their season.

Put it this way, a lot of people feel Sarri's had an underwhelming season. And for about 2/3 of the season, a lot of us were believing it was a three-way title race between us, City, and Spurs (including myself). But now Sarri's Chelsea are in a better spot to end the league season than Pochettino's Spurs. And while I know this doesn't tell the whole story (lack of summer spending, injury issues, focusing on Europe), but the league performances have to be considered for this particular accolade imo.

I don't know who'd be a fitting 4th option though.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Europe shouldn't matter for the Premier League Manager of the Season though...

I think Pochettino is a very good manager, but I wouldn't have him in contention for this award this year. It's not all his fault, Spurs lack depth and didn't spend over the summer and I'm sure he would have preferred to have been able to remedy that. But the wheels also spectacularly came off their season.

Put it this way, a lot of people feel Sarri's had an underwhelming season. And for about 2/3 of the season, a lot of us were believing it was a three-way title race between us, City, and Spurs (including myself). But now Sarri's Chelsea are in a better spot to end the league season than Pochettino's Spurs. And while I know this doesn't tell the whole story (lack of summer spending, injury issues, focusing on Europe) the league performances have to be considered for this particular accolade imo.

I don't know who'd be a fitting 4th option though.

I missed the title which Stan pointed out mate.

Just now, Asura said:

I missed the title which Stan pointed out mate.

I started writing that before @Stan posted, then I got distracted by stuff I actually had to do so it took me a while to post it... but yeah after I posted I saw those and thought "aw fuck, my post is useless now"xD

Went for Santo as Wolves getting promoted and finishing seventh is pretty decent even for a very good side like theirs. Wouldn't begrudge it going to Klopp though, especially if he wins a trophy or two, as he has done a phenomenal job so far and to vastly improve their league form as well as maintaining their impressive record in Europe is no mean feat.

Archived