talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayer Leverkusen trigger Kerem Demirbay's release clause

So he'll join Leverkusen from Hoffenheim for rumoured sum of 28-32 Mio Euros. Damn, I remember when he played for Fortuna Düsseldorf (on loan). He did have his occasional good game here and there, but he was also very average most of the time. But the whole squad was shit back then, so he didn't really have many opportunities to shine. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Good signing for Leverkusen, in my opinion. 30 million is a lot of money but Leverkusen will probably have to sell a few players in summer anyway. I wonder if they manage to keep both Brandt and Havertz for another year; a midfield of them + Demirbay would certainly be a very solid one to say the least... 

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Good signing for Leverkusen, in my opinion. 30 million is a lot of money but Leverkusen will probably have to sell a few players in summer anyway. I wonder if they manage to keep both Brandt and Havertz for another year; a midfield of them + Demirbay would certainly be a very solid one to say the least... 

The amount of talent they have in their squad is astounding, and Peter Bosz's tactics seem to start working. If they keep their key players, and make 2-3 clever transfers, I can see them being a title challenger and a team that could go very far in Europe. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The amount of talent they have in their squad is astounding, and Peter Bosz's tactics seem to start working. If they keep their key players, and make 2-3 clever transfers, I can see them being a title challenger and a team that could go very far in Europe. 

I made the mistake of calling Leverkusen a title challenger numerous times in the past; won't be doing it again :4_joy: Seriously though, their squad is great (especially talent-wise as you said) but somehow they're always massive underachievers. 

Archived