The better place to talk football.

World Cup Group Stage Draw - 1st December

football forum

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eco said:

Color me shocked that you picked Peru :ph34r:

Its mostly due to optimism, but at the same time I firmly believe we are better than Denmark and Australia. 

When it comes to Denmark, its really close but I think we showed a lot in the qualifiers compared to them. As much as I rate Australia over most people, they are the worst team in the group.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Its mostly due to optimism, but at the same time I firmly believe we are better than Denmark and Australia. 

When it comes to Denmark, its really close but I think we showed a lot in the qualifiers compared to them. As much as I rate Australia over most people, they are the worst team in the group.

Denmark are better than Peru.

Denmark have higher profile players than we do but that doesn't mean they are better. The only 3 players I would take from their squad are Eriksen, Sisto and Christensen.

The only reason a lot of their players play in Europe is because they are a European country. If they were South American, most of them would play for Veracruz.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Denmark have higher profile players than we do but that doesn't mean they are better. The only 3 players I would take from their squad are Eriksen, Sisto and Christensen.

The only reason a lot of their players play in Europe is because they are a European country. If they were South American, most of them would play for Veracruz.

You forgot Delaney :P 

Just now, Stan said:

Schmeichel is better than whoever the Peru keeper is. 

He isn't. Gallese is one of the 3/4 players on the team I'm confident will be playing at a top half side in a top european league.

And that I rate Schmeichel too.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

and yet he plays for Veracruz who you aimed a slight dig at earlier xD 

Was it a dig though?

My point was if Peru and Denmark switched locations, we would have players playing in Europe and Denmark in Veracruz.

Gallese is only there because thats the only team that wanted him from abroad pre-world cup. Its not that he's bad, its more that the name still wasn't there to sell. Because really when I watch Veracruz, all I see him is making stops and avoiding 5-0 losses on his own.

I'm confident he'll have a good world cup and go to a good club afterwards. That's what the tournament does.

Actually, I'd love to see Gallese playing for a club like Boca Juniors or Club America. That would be nice as those clubs have a massive history about them and I've no doubt he'll succeed at those. Although I'm not gonna lie, I still prefer he'd play in a club like Atletico Madrid or Valencia which I don't think is entirely impossible - it depends on his performance in Russia. Its the pinnacle of football.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived