talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Best Football Predictions That Came True

football forum

With this thread it's all about honesty as we can't prove what we say is right or wrong. I made 2 which have turned out to be right.

First of all regarding the 2002 world cup. The dreaded group of death which had England, Nigeria, Argentina and Sweden. Argentina were favorites for the world cup and everybody said they'd walk the group. I said they'll go out and nobody really agreed with me.

Secondly which is going to be really unpopular with Liverpool fans. I said to friends who were Liverpool fans that Liverpool won't win the league till Gerrard leaves. I said after he retires they'll win it within 3 to 5 years and I got it right. He was without doubt a great player who saved Liverpool so often. But I felt when Liverpool challenged for a title, when they got to the last third of the season it kind of always became about him and him winning his first league title. I wonder if this added additional pressure from the fans, media and within the Liverpool camp. Either way I got it right and they did it 5 years later.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I couldn't bet at the time but when AC Milan were 3 up in Istanbul against Liverpool I said to my brother at half time they'd come back and win it. Don't think I said on penalties but my brother stuck a fiver on it anyway. Lucky git.

When we were 3-1 down against Man Utd I said to my brother and dad who I was at the game with that we'd come back and win. 

Those 2 go very much against the grain of regular bad predictions though xD

• The title was changed to Your Best Football Predictions That Came True
  • Subscriber

I know yesterday I was watching the United game on this laptop and our son was in his room watching it and yelled out COME ON NORWICH when they equalised and came into the lounge saying "You are going to lose this game on penalties pops..." I just smiled and said, "Thanks, that means we are going to win 2-1".

After the match when he came into the lounge to get a lager out of the fridge I started singing "2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1...", he told me to fuck off you old fart and went back into his room, and that's not the first time he has said that about a United game and we ended up winning. xD 

I said David Moyes wouldn't work at man utd. (Many on here said he would)

I said liverpool would win the league with klopp 

Archived