Last 3 Meetings
11/01/2020 - Leicester 1-2 Southampton
25/10/2019 - Southampton 0-9 Leicester
12/01/2019 - Leicester 1-2 Southampton

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Third season in a row we have them at home on this exact week. The last two were pretty miserable, particularly remember a comical one under Puel where we had 90% possession in the second half and still lost.

They were superb away here last year. Other than Liverpool I'd say they were the best team to come here.

I put 1-2 on predictions but I'm tempted to change it to 2-2. I think it'll be a quite fun game for the neutral.

• Administrator

I think it'll be quite a tactical game. Similar styles of play in terms of pressing and passing game but perhaps we have a bit more quality on paper. 

Need to beat these lot at home for once! 

• Administrator

Found it difficult so far. Especially with how Southampton have set up, to their credit, and also the pitch cutting up quite badly which is unusual for us at home. 

Southampton do well to close down quick in midfield to win the ball, then get the ball up quick to the attackers while we're out of position and exposed. Nearly caught us out a few times too. 

Ndidi has been quality. 

• The title was changed to Leicester City 2-0 Southampton - Saturday 16th January, 2021
  • Administrator

That was one of our better victories given how difficult Southampton made it for us for some of that game. Perhaps could have finished the game off way earlier than stoppage time but thought we played a very professional game and ground out a solid win against a very organised side. 

Vardy was unusually way off form and hopefully his injury isn't too bad. Not sure if he'll play on Tuesday unfortunately. 

Ndidi, Justin, Fofana and Albrighton were the pick of the bunch, for me. Albrighton is our equivalent to Milner at Liverpool. No matter what formation or set-up, you just know you'll get 100% from them. Not very flash or skilful, but very reliable and will be a workhorse for the team. 

Good to see Soyuncu back playing and looking like he's never been away either.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

That was one of our better victories given how difficult Southampton made it for us for some of that game. Perhaps could have finished the game off way earlier than stoppage time but thought we played a very professional game and ground out a solid win against a very organised side. 

Vardy was unusually way off form and hopefully his injury isn't too bad. Not sure if he'll play on Tuesday unfortunately. 

Ndidi, Justin, Fofana and Albrighton were the pick of the bunch, for me. Albrighton is our equivalent to Milner at Liverpool. No matter what formation or set-up, you just know you'll get 100% from them. Not very flash or skilful, but very reliable and will be a workhorse for the team. 

Good to see Soyuncu back playing and looking like he's never been away either.

Skilful no but few players in this division can hit a ball like Albrighton and Milner

• Subscriber

Really good win. We don't tend to start very well but we seem to grow into the game as it goes on. Southampton are a tough side and they didn't make it easy, but the longer it went on the more you felt we probably going to get a second. We left it later than we had the chance to, but we played well.

Long way to go this season, only half way in, but we've done really well all considered.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived