talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Edinson Cavani Set For Boca Juniors

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Fair enough, but yeah everyone was against the FA here and rightly so. Even CONMEBOL. So Cavani has a good reason to feel uncomfortable.

I don't believe for one second that it was over that if I'm honest. 

• Lifestyle, it's cold in Manchester and he maybe doesn't like the weather.
  • Lockdown, in truth he's not had much to do during his time in Manchester, he's not been able to eat out do stuff for pleasure in his free time.
  • Pace of the league, he's on his third or fourth injury now, maybe at 34 he's feeling the pace of the league a little. 
  • Body language, I've never been convinced he's happy with some of teammates. Rashford in particular has been the brunt of his frustrations at times and rightly so because we don't play to his strengths. Cavani want's an early ball into the box, something to get onto the end of, instead he doesn't know whether to make the run or not, basically cutting a very frustrated looking fella at times. 
  • Lack of fans, how are you supposed to build an affection for a football club if there aren't any fans giving you that extra motivation. Imagine scoring in front of 75 thousand fans and them singing your name, he's had none of that. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, McAzeem said:

Understandable, i was thinking more in Argentina-Spain context 

Yes, argentinians in general settle more easily in Europe than most other south american. But class differences still apply to them as well.

Argentinians players from the lower classes of Buenos Aires, such as Maradona, Riquelme and Tévez, find it more difficult to adapt to life in Europe than guys like Fernando Redondo, who comes from a wealthy family. 

Archived