talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton Flop Joins Feyenoord

football forum

Hope this happens because his career has really stalled out since joining Brighton after he really broke out at AZ - and it's really hurt his development as a player and how he performs for the national team. There's real questions as to whether he should remain a starter for Iran - and there's players who play where he plays for Iran that have come in and looked miles better.

So he needs to get his career back on track and if that means he has to join a weaker league, so be it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think he's only ever done one thing of note and that was the overhead kick against Chelsea. 

Definitely seems like he needs a bit of a fresh start now. 

10 hours ago, Stan said:

I think he's only ever done one thing of note and that was the overhead kick against Chelsea. 

Definitely seems like he needs a bit of a fresh start now. 

Yeah his time at Brighton has been a massive disappointment considering his goal record at AZ. 

He's one of the bigger flops in recent years in the league, imo. And really it was an expensive error for Brighton.

For the international team, I do think playing for Potter has made him one of the most defensively adept attacking players for Iran... but I also think he's also lost a shitload of confidence in his attacking abilities with how poor things have gone at Brighton (although tbh, he's never really clicked with the national team in the same way other attacking players for Iran that play in Europe have).

• The title was changed to Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Leaving Brighton for Feyenoord?

He's in Rotterdam having his medical. I hope his confidence hasn't been completely smashed by his terrible time at Brighton and he can bounce back to being at least close to as good as he was the last time he was playing in the Netherlands.

Shame it didn't work out for him in England, I would have loved seeing an Iranian do well in our league.

Archived