The better place to talk football.

Leicester 2-1 Brentford - Sunday 20th March, 2022

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.00

image.png         VS      1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
24/10/2021 - Brentford 1-2 Leicester
24/01/2021 - Brentford 1-3 Leicester (FA Cup)
25/01/2020 - Brentford 0-1 Leicester (FA Cup)

Recent Form
Leicester - LWWWW
Brentford - WWLDL

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of those games where both sides will think the other looks beatable, but also both sides have hit a bit of form recently.

Vital that we get the win here, hopefully the fact Leicester have little to play for can go in our favour.

Not sure how to call this game.

It's hard to read in to Brentford's last two victories given the calibre of opposition but had Toney and a creative outlet to effectively supply him played against us they probably would have won.

Leicester even with injuries still look the better side on paper but they seem to be taking this Europa Vanarama Nonsense Trophy seriously.

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

No Eriksen for you @Danny

Apparently not which is a shame, but Covid so shouldn’t hopefully be out for long. Still without Dasilva too after his red card but Wissa makes a start over Canos today in a front 3 so a chance to see what he can do. He likes to take the ball from deep and dribble with it which is what Benrahma used to do for us. But it’s been a hard season for Wissa, started strong, got goals, then had absences and when he has played recently he’s not been great.

Frustrating, Maddison scores a beauty and you just can’t save them. Two phenomenal goals scored but really Leicester haven’t been that threatening. But neither have we and that’s why we haven’t scored, though Jensen has a big chance.

Would like to see another relay of that penalty, if it gets given then that’s us 1-0 up

• Administrator

Two cracking goals and I think we have control of the game. Playing it out from the back quite well and making good openings. Brentford constantly getting lot of men behind the ball which makes it difficult to create chances. Needed a wonder goal from Castagne to open the scoring. What a strike it was. 

Maddison has done the same before from that distance. Brentford have had one clear opportunity and look to catch us on the break so need to be careful. 

I just don’t understand how a replay showed one of Leicester’s defenders fouling Mbeumo before touching the ball (don’t even think he touched it) and VAR didn’t even look at it. Such a massive game for us today, win and we go 11 points clear. If that’s a pen then it’s 1-0 and the Castange goal doesn’t happen. Frustrating when you’re in a relegation battle.

Difficult loss to take, we managed to restrict Leicester to few chances all game as the home team but they scored two screamers in the same game, the first from nowhere.

Want to see that penalty shout again, if it’s not a pen then fair play and well done to Leicester but if it is then we’d minimum take a point home today.

• Administrator

We lagged 2nd half badly. Against a better side we probably end up drawing. Tiredness from Thursday showed but glad we could see another win out. Two quality goals enough to win. 

Maddison was very good today I think. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

We lagged 2nd half badly. Against a better side we probably end up drawing. Tiredness from Thursday showed but glad we could see another win out. Two quality goals enough to win. 

Maddison was very good today I think. 

Maddison is always good against us, for whoever he plays for, guaranteed goal for him 

• The title was changed to Leicester 2-1 Brentford - Sunday 20th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Went pretty much as expected. We looked knackered by the end and were hanging on. Brentford I feel should've probably tried to attack us a bit sooner than they did though, they were poor until we went 2 up and from then on looked the better side.

Steady win. Good performance in patches but not others. Glad to have some players back from injury - but once again tainted by the fresh news of Ndidi being out for the season, which really is a fucker because I think even despite his fairly sketchy form this season he's one of our most crucial players. I don't see us winning the conference league without him.

Archived