talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Azerbaijan GP - 10-12th June, 2022

23 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I wouldn't say nauseating and I respect their efforts to try and rally around their man but I do think they're putting a disproportionately large amount of effort into making excuses for Lewis and a disproportionately small amount of effort into making a big deal about what a great job George has done coming in to a new team and going toe to toe with the probable best F1 driver of all time and starting to outperform him consistently. It's clear that Lewis is more unhappy with the car than George and it'll probably even out once they iron out some of their issues but yeah, I find it slightly odd that their media machine is focused so much in one direction and it does start to come across at times that they're making excuses for him when he doesn't need them to do that.

There's definitely that. With how apologetic Toto is after every race it almost makes it sound like they're afraid he'll walk out on them or something. Which he won't, but it reflects poorly on the team dynamic when all attention goes to that and not towards having the most consistent driver on the grid so far.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mercedes told to fix their problem.   it's always fantastic when they had 6 seasons of little opposition but now the balance changes they just cry.

Russell has gone about his business with incredible maturity and if he beats Hamilton it will be like Ricciardo beating Vettel, it may also get Mercedes to finally cut and run from Lewis, he certainly won't be able to squeeze money out of Mercedes anymore.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived