talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Azerbaijan GP - 10-12th June, 2022

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Mick is having his worst weekend yet here. 

Looks like the storyline for the rest of the race is Gasly vs Hamilton for 4th, unless we get some sort of stoppage again. Verstappen has his team mate covered.

Not a good weekend for Ferrari as a whole. 😅

Also I feel for Lewis. That bouncing looks painful just by watching. Imagine sitting in that thing. He'll struggle to get out of bed tomorrow. xD

• Subscriber

Ended up as a poor race. Deflating day for Ferrari and those of us who want to see a competitive title fight. Credit to Red Bull again though who look increasingly bullet proof. These things can turn around quickly but Leclerc is now behind both Red Bull drivers in the standings.

I think Alpha Tauri missed a trick by failing to give Gasly an extra pit stop. I understand them having their hands tied when Hamilton was right behind them but they had a chance on the following lap when the VSC was still out.

The McLaren race strategy politics are vaguely interesting.

• Subscriber

Charles Leclerc has more career pole positions than Max Verstappen but Max has 24 wins and a World Championship while Leclerc only has 4 wins overall. Usually the top drivers' pole tallies and win tallies track quite closely. The top ten in each category for all time are very similar. So it's quite a statistical anomaly to see a discrepancy like that, especially in today's ultra-reliable (non-Ferrari at least) cars. 

The most consistent man at Mercedes is not George Russell but Toto Wolff who, after every race, bends over backwards to appease to Lewis on team radio by throwing his entire team under the bus. Am I the only one who's starting to find this a bit nauseating?

19 hours ago, Panflute said:

The most consistent man at Mercedes is not George Russell but Toto Wolff who, after every race, bends over backwards to appease to Lewis on team radio by throwing his entire team under the bus. Am I the only one who's starting to find this a bit nauseating?

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, Panflute said:

I wouldn't say nauseating and I respect their efforts to try and rally around their man but I do think they're putting a disproportionately large amount of effort into making excuses for Lewis and a disproportionately small amount of effort into making a big deal about what a great job George has done coming in to a new team and going toe to toe with the probable best F1 driver of all time and starting to outperform him consistently. It's clear that Lewis is more unhappy with the car than George and it'll probably even out once they iron out some of their issues but yeah, I find it slightly odd that their media machine is focused so much in one direction and it does start to come across at times that they're making excuses for him when he doesn't need them to do that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived