talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thomas Strakhosha Joins Brentford on Free Transfer

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back up I’d imagine. Raya is one of the best keepers in the league so this keeper would have to be pretty good to top him.

Last seasons back up was a catastrophe and it’s a big reason as to why we dropped so hard mid-season, kept making mistakes letting goals in and couldn’t play accurate passes out so ruined our game plan.

With that said this keeper has played a lot of first team games for Lazio so who knows what the plan is. But I’d say so far Raya is #1, Strakhosha #2 and Cox is #3.

31 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah, probably in the top 20 somewhere.

He would walk into West Ham and Arsenal’s team. Has much better distribution than Mendy at Chelsea.

I think he needs another season or two with us first but his next move should be into Europa League and above.

Wasn't he first choice at Lazio? Weird that he'd leave to be second choice (if he is that) at Brentford.

Of course money is a big reason but you'd think he'd be able to either get a first choice gig at a similar sized club or be second choice at a bigger side.

45 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Wasn't he first choice at Lazio? Weird that he'd leave to be second choice (if he is that) at Brentford.

Of course money is a big reason but you'd think he'd be able to either get a first choice gig at a similar sized club or be second choice at a bigger side.

The Athletic reporting we may not have Raya for long...whether that's this season or next who knows.

• The title was changed to Thomas Strakhosha Joins Brentford on Free Transfer

Archived