Elche vs Cadiz, 20.00
Espanyol vs Almeria, 20.00
Valladolid vs Getafe, 20.00

image.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

- Osasuna can qualify for Europa Conference League (ECL) with a win, or a draw if Bilbao draw/lose, and Vallecano & Sevilla don't win.
Bilbao will qualify for ECL if they draw and Osasuna lose, or they win and Osasuna draw/lose
- Girona will qualify for ECL if they win and Bilbao lose
- Vallecano will qualify for ECL if they win and Osasuna/Girona draw and Bilbao draw or lose
- Sevilla will qualify for ECL with a win and Osasuna/Girona drawing and Bilbao/Vallecano losing

- Valladolid will survive with a draw and either Almeria/Celta both losing, or a win and either Almeria/Celta Vigo to draw or lose
- Celta & Almeria just need to match Valladolid's result to ensure survival
- Valencia survive with a draw, even if Valladolid win as they have a better goal-difference
- Getafe are relegated if they lose and Valencia draw or win & Almeria/Celta both win

Osasuna 1-2 Girona

Real Madrid 1-1 Athletic Bilbao

Imagine if the Real-Athletic game remains the same and Girona can grab 2 goals in the last 20 minutes? I have a feeling this race isn't over.

On another note, if Athletic can beat Real and Girona grab a draw off Osasuna, then Athletic Bilbao would grab that 7th spot. It's still interesting.

Valencia stay up and the rebuild begins, although part of me wonders whether going down might have been the better option.  I still expect several players to leave.  Marmardashvili is too good for this team so I'm sure he'll be sold to line Lim's pockets.  I can't see Diakhaby sticking around much longer either.  All of the loanees will go back to their parent clubs... the only one I'll miss is Kluivert honestly.  Lino was too inconsistent, Moriba was invisible, Gonzalez too injury prone, etc.  

The kids that were promoted to the first team played with more heart and ability than most of the veterans.  I say turn the team over to a young coach who will play academy players and start from scratch.  I'd like to keep Gaya and Guillamon around as they are Valencia at heart... the rest can all go.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived