• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joel Piroe - Swansea To Leeds

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be a good signing that. Knows the league and has proven he gets goals in this division. Young enough where he is still developing and could make the step up to the Premier League.

We were linked too and I'd definitely take him if that interest was concrete.

Think he's in his last year so Swansea wouldn't be able to get full whack for him, but I'd imagine anywhere around £10m but probably closer to 15m, get's him.

Just don't think Swansea could turn that money down.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Would be a good signing that. Knows the league and has proven he gets goals in this division. Young enough where he is still developing and could make the step up to the Premier League.

We were linked too and I'd definitely take him if that interest was concrete.

Think he's in his last year so Swansea wouldn't be able to get full whack for him, but I'd imagine anywhere around £10m but probably closer to 15m, get's him.

Just don't think Swansea could turn that money down.

Rumours of around £10-12m floating around which I'd be happy with. Especially considering he's only 23 (thought he was slightly older) so plenty of use out of him for little outlay. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Stan said:

Rumours of around £10-12m floating around which I'd be happy with. Especially considering he's only 23 (thought he was slightly older) so plenty of use out of him for little outlay. 

That's actually less than I thought we'd have to pay for him. I thought you'd be looking at 15-20mil.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Joel Piroe - Swansea To Leeds
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Signed for Leeds! 

Finally Leeds.

There was a rumour we'd stepped up interest but to actually have a report of a bid, then to have it accepted, medicak done and signed on the same day was very unlike Leeds. We normally drag it out so any eventuality can occur but this one went seemlessly.

I think they knew they had to act quickly with this one. Saints were sure to come in should Adams go and they have money to burn.

£10.5m fee is a good deal I'd say. Obviously it could go to £16m with add ons but most of that would rely on promotion which would pay for itself.

It will be refreshing to have an actual Number nine. We've needed a striker for about 4 seasons and we've finally bought one.

Hopefully he will fit Farke's system well and hit the ground running.

Now to make up for lost time and get 4 or 5 more. It looks like we're moving.

Edited by Lucas