talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Isak Bergmann Jóhannesson joins Fortuna Düsseldorf on loan

He is the son of Joey Guðjónsson, who was an important player for Burnley, Leicester City, Aston Villa and Wolverhampton Wanderers during the 2000's. He also played for Huddersfield Town during the 2010 to 2012 seasons. He retired as a player in 2017. 

His son Isak Bergmann Johannesson looks like a very promising player. Still only 20 years old, but is already an important player for top Danish side FC Copenhagen. Furthermore, he already has 19 international caps for Iceland and he has scored 3 goals for them, making his international debut at only 17 years old. Not a bad feat for the young midfielder. I can't say that I have seen him play much, but the fact that he is a regular for both FC Copenhagen and Iceland at only 20 years of age, suggests that he could be a very promising signing for Dusseldorf.

• Upvote 2

• The title was changed to Isak Bergmann Jóhannesson joins Fortuna Düsseldorf on loan
9 hours ago, Coma said:

He's got to be good if he wears the 8 shirt.

Well, I think that as well as what I mentioned above, the fact that FC Copenhagen spent 4.5 million to buy Isak Johannesson from Swedish side  Norrkopping in 2021, when Isak Johannesson was still only 18 years old, suggests that Johannesson has some quality about him. Because that is a big transfer fee for a Danish club to shell out on a teenager. In fact, the transfer of Johannesson to FC Copenhagen, is their 3rd most expensive signing in their history. Moreover, Johannesson's transfer to FC Copenhagen, still stands as the 5th most expensive transfer fee spent by any Danish club on a player in history.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Michael said:

Well, I think that as well as what I mentioned above, the fact that FC Copenhagen spent 4.5 million to buy Isak Johannesson from Swedish side  Norrkopping in 2021, when Isak Johannesson was still only 18 years old, suggests that Johannesson has some quality about him. Because that is a big transfer fee for a Danish club to shell out on a teenager. In fact, the transfer of Johannesson to FC Copenhagen, is their 3rd most expensive signing in their history. Moreover, Johannesson's transfer to FC Copenhagen, still stands as the 5th most expensive transfer fee spent by any Danish club on a player in history.

It does all sound very promising. He says about himself that he sees himself as a creative central midfielder, and that's what we've been lacking ever since Kevin Stöger left. The rumoured fee to activate his buyout clause is apparently only 2 Mio Euros as well. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It does all sound very promising. He says about himself that he sees himself as a creative central midfielder, and that's what we've been lacking ever since Kevin Stöger left. The rumoured fee to activate his buyout clause is apparently only 2 Mio Euros as well. 

What? Only 2 million Euros to sign him permanently at the end of the season? That's a superb deal by the sounds of it. The lad is still only 20, he is an established and regular international starter for the Iceland national team. He has been a regular for FC Copenhagen over the past two seasons and they are offering him for less than half of what they paid for him? I know that FC Copenhagen are the biggest football club in Denmark and that they have a team stacked with regional talent. But it looks like they are giving Fortuna Dusseldorf a great deal here. Having looked at clips of Isak Johannesson playing, he seems to have an impressive passing ability and great technique. I can see him improving even further at Fortuna Dusseldorf. I have a very good feeling about this deal.

• Like 1

Although Fortuna Dusseldorf missed out on signing the impressive Karbownik, I think they've strengthened in a more important part of their team, with the signing of Isak Johannesson. They've also structured the deal very well, by taking him on loan for this season and then having the option to buy him for a ridiculous bargain of 2 million at the end of the season.

Moreover, Dusseldorf have just also sold Elione Fernandes-Neto for 3 million to RB Salzburg. Although Fernandes-Neto is a very promising prospect, selling him for  3 million to raise funds and signing the more experienced Isak Johannesson on loan, looks like very smart business. Fernandes-Neto is still only 17 and he is highly unlikely to have as much of a positive impact at Dusseldorf as Isak Johannesson is likely to. I expect Isak Johannesson to be a regular fixture in the starting 11 at Fortuna Dusseldorf this season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Although Fortuna Dusseldorf missed out on signing the impressive Karbownik, I think they've strengthened in a more important part of their team, with the signing of Isak Johannesson. They've also structured the deal very well, by taking him on loan for this season and then having the option to buy him for a ridiculous bargain of 2 million at the end of the season.

Moreover, Dusseldorf have just also sold Elione Fernandes-Neto for 3 million to RB Salzburg. Although Fernandes-Neto is a very promising prospect, selling him for  3 million to raise funds and signing the more experienced Isak Johannesson on loan, looks like very smart business. Fernandes-Neto is still only 17 and he is highly unlikely to have as much of a positive impact at Dusseldorf as Isak Johannesson is likely to. I expect Isak Johannesson to be a regular fixture in the starting 11 at Fortuna Dusseldorf this season.

Apparently the Neto deal includes some clauses (which are very likely to be activated) that will raise the deal up to 6 Mio Euros. 

I'm sad that he left, because he seemed like a promising player and a very nice kid, but if that allows us to get 1-2 more players in to strengthen the team as a whole, it had to happen unfortunately.