talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group D - Matchday 7 & 8 - 12-15th October, 2023

football forum

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That goal has giving Croatia a kick up the ass. Starting to press and push for the equaliser now.

Must admit Mepham and Rodon were solid. 

Croatia didn't really threaten at all. They've made Ward look good which is a very impressive thing to do. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Must admit Mepham and Rodon were solid. 

Croatia didn't really threaten at all. They've made Ward look good which is a very impressive thing to do. 

Fully deserved win I thought, which is something I wasn't expecting to type tonight.

Wilson, Brooks and Jordan James were very good. Even Dan fucking James was pretty decent when he came on, which was also unexpected.

9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I think so long as we match Croatia's results, we qualify regardless. Winning both games guarantee it I believe as we have a better head to head against Croatia.

Yeah looked it up. Turkey have already qualified which could help Wales. Its a bit confusing but if you win your remaining games and so do Croatia you will all have 16 points but Croatia would have the worst head to head record between the 3 as they only beat Turkey. Where as Turkey beat Wales and Croatia and you would of beaten Croatia and Turkey. So Croatia would miss out. I think to win the group you would have to win by 3 goals or more because you would have to have a better head to head. If you win 2.0 it would go to goal difference which Turkey are a head on. 

That has given me a headache thinking about that 

• The topic was unpinned