talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lloyd Kelly - Linked to Newcastle

We wanted him 2.5 years ago when he was in the championship, so I think there is carry over.

I see him best filling at LB moving Dan Burn back to CB, he is experienced enough to help alleviate the pressure on Lewis Hall however Kelly has an injury history which may require a better split of time between him and Hall which is best for us as I think Hall is a terrific player.

While impressive that we have made moves for Tosin and Kelly I think they should not detract us from signing a high level CB like Diamande.  We need to cut out the goals we concede, we have already conceded 22 more than last season while scoring around 18 more than last season.    Links to Olise and Neto are nice but scoring goals isnt the major problem needing fixing..

Last season we collected 32 points on the road, had a steely resilience that got us points even if we didnt look pretty, I want to get that same resilience back next season and drop these absolute white flag surrenders away from home.

• The title was changed to Lloyd Kelly - Linked to Newcastle
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Who? 

Kelechi Iheanacho,   it appears that we will be holding onto Wilson also so he will be a third option,  nothing fancy but better that playing russian roulette with Wilson's injury history.