talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bryan Mbeumo - Newcastle, Liverpool

L’Equipe reporting this. Tbh I’m not surprised and it is probably about time we cash in on him however we have a 3 year deal still left so we’re in a position of strength. Heard people mention £40m and it feels low, we have no need to sell and I think the feeling at the club is that Bryan can go on to become a 15-20 goal a season striker with a decent amount of assist thrown in too.

Which then makes me think neither Liverpool or Newcastle can afford what we will ask and unless someone with silly money comes in, he will likely stay with us for another year. Who knows, maybe I’m wrong.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been speaking about Mbuemo a lot on other platforms as a player I like.  I disagree with the 15-20 goal potential as he hasnt shown anything remotely close to that.  He is a versatile player but not a primary starter.  30-40m is about right.   

Gordon and Barnes are 20/25 goal contributions a season players and they cost 40m and 35m respectively.  Mbuemo may have potential but you dont sell hope, you sell ability

I like him, but he’d be brought in as a squad player rather than starter. I don’t really see us paying anything over £30m, and even then probably less with Edwards back in charge.