talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Netherlands vs Iceland - Monday 10th June 2024

The Netherlands routed Iceland 4-0 in a convincing win for the Dutch. Xavi Simons gave the Netherlands the lead in the 23rd minute and in the 1st half. In the 2nd half, goals from Virgil van Dijk, Donyell Malen and Wout Weghorst made it 4-0 to the Netherlands. The Netherlands produced a dominant performance in this match, as their pressing game and constant attacking play, was very effective this evening.

Netherlands 4-0 Iceland

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Makes England loss to Iceland look even worse.

I think it shows that the Dutch are currently one of the most in form teams heading into the Euros. The following are their results in their last 7 international matches:

Greece 0-1 Netherlands

Netherlands 1-0 Ireland

Gibraltar 0-6 Netherlands 

Netherlands 4-0 Scotland

Germany 2-1 Netherlands

Netherlands 4-0 Canada

Netherlands 4-0 Iceland

They've not been short of scoring goals in many of their matches. Their team seems to be clicking very well.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Michael said:

I think it shows that the Dutch are currently one of the most in form teams heading into the Euros. The following are their results in their last 7 international matches:

Greece 0-1 Netherlands

Netherlands 1-0 Ireland

Gibraltar 0-6 Netherlands 

Netherlands 4-0 Scotland

Germany 2-1 Netherlands

Netherlands 4-0 Canada

Netherlands 4-0 Iceland

They've not been short of scoring goals in many of their matches. Their team seems to be clicking very well.

You'd expect them to beat every single team there that they did win. It's not surprising. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

You'd expect them to beat every single team there that they did win. It's not surprising. 

Yes, but the point is that they are on form(no slip ups) and they are banging in the goals. They thrashed Scotland, Canada and Iceland, all of whom are quite decent sides. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, but the point is that they are on form(no slip ups) and they are banging in the goals. They thrashed Scotland, Canada and Iceland, all of whom are quite decent sides. 

'quite decent' is a push in my humble opinion!

1 minute ago, Stan said:

'quite decent' is a push in my humble opinion!

Well I think if you watch these teams play, you will see that they are no pushovers. We saw Iceland against England and I've seen them in other matches, they can be a very tough side to play against. France could only draw at home against Canada yesterday and we all know the quality of players France have. While Scotland are admittedly not in the best form right now, it wasn't that long ago when they were beating sides like Spain 2-0. So yeah, to be thrashing these teams, I do think it shows how well the Dutch are playing.