talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matthijs de Ligt - Man United Closing in on Defender

• Subscriber

Theres been allot of rumours surrounding a possible exit from Bavaria. I dont get it, hes been our best and most reliable CB for two straight seasons. I get his weakness is ball playing but that comes secondary imo given how shit our defence has been. Despite my best efforts it really sounds as though its picking up momentum and likely will happen. He is our top earner on defence and theres been allot of talk of reducing our wage bill as well.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of lost sight of de Ligt when he went to Bayern, I thought he hadn't performed that well, wrongly it seems.  United were after him before he went to Bayern and potentially it was thought he was going to be one of the best CB out there.  Hopefully if he does come to United he will reach that potential. 40 million Euros in today's market is a very good deal.

18 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Theres been allot of rumours surrounding a possible exit from Bavaria. I dont get it, hes been our best and most reliable CB for two straight seasons. I get his weakness is ball playing but that comes secondary imo given how shit our defence has been. Despite my best efforts it really sounds as though its picking up momentum and likely will happen. He is our top earner on defence and theres been allot of talk of reducing our wage bill as well.

De Ligt isn't perfect as you said, but surely going from De Ligt to Tah is at best a sidestep if not a downgrade for a player 4 years older.    This sounds more like a salary dump move. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

I kind of lost sight of de Ligt when he went to Bayern, I thought he hadn't performed that well, wrongly it seems.  United were after him before he went to Bayern and potentially it was thought he was going to be one of the best CB out there.  Hopefully if he does come to United he will reach that potential. 40 million Euros in today's market is a very good deal.

I shit you not when I say hes been our best CB. The fan reaction has been kind of wild as hes been pretty beloved everywhere ive seen since he came here. It has been strange that back to back managers (now Kompany too) have kind of kept him on the bench through stretches until they either had no choice due to injuries or Upa doing Upa things too much. Theres funnily enough a fan petition online to keep him currently at nearly 9000 signatures xD anyways if you can get him for the reported €40-50m thats a steal. 

• The title was changed to Matthijs de Ligt - Man United Closing in on Defender