talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Noussair Mazraoui - Man Utd Complete Signing of Defender

• Subscriber

Too cheap, around €19.5 m with add ons.. man we suck at selling. We need to shed salary and positions specifically at full back are log jammed but thats a pittance. Apparently Man U is still working on him as well so we'll see. 

• The title was changed to Noussair Mazraoui - West Ham & Bayern Deal Breaks Down
  • The title was changed to Noussair Mazraoui - Man Utd & Bayern Deal Progressing
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Noussair Mazraoui - Man Utd Complete Signing of Defender
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil said:

Could be thrown straight in on Friday.  @Viva la FCB am I right in saying he can operate on both sides of the pitch?

Yep. We primarily deployed him on the right but when Davies was injured he played plenty on the left and didnt look out of place. Maz is a solid player but seemingly often injured. 

21 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Yep. We primarily deployed him on the right but when Davies was injured he played plenty on the left and didnt look out of place. Maz is a solid player but seemingly often injured. 

He will fit right in then.

I'm looking forward to seeing how both players adapt to the Premier league. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Devil said:

He will fit right in then.

I'm looking forward to seeing how both players adapt to the Premier league. 

I think you've done well on both. De Ligt was a fan favourite in his fairly short time, If you got him for anywhere around the rumoured €50m in todays day and age its a steal. He was our best pure defender. 

On 16/08/2024 at 15:58, Viva la FCB said:

I think you've done well on both. De Ligt was a fan favourite in his fairly short time, If you got him for anywhere around the rumoured €50m in todays day and age its a steal. He was our best pure defender. 

Thought Mazraoui had a fantastic debut to be fair. De Ligt got about 10 minutes so it was hard to judge but Maz was fantastic.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Devil said:

Thought Mazraoui had a fantastic debut to be fair. De Ligt got about 10 minutes so it was hard to judge but Maz was fantastic.

Yeah hes got that in him. I dont think we would have looked to move him if we didnt have so many options on the flanks, we did also sign him on the free I suppose. The main reason I wasnt really arsed one way or another about him was the injuries, I would say in the couple seasons without looking it up he wasnt available for more then like 30-40% of matches. You've got a couple of good ones anyways as much as it pains me to say xD and the prices too where more then reasonable.