talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

CONCACAF World Cup Qualification

2.jpg

Capture.PNG.b641386ff532a0b5163d1ee9a95fe190.PNG
Capture1.PNG.cb1242fd910b490af5c0f6c6dd30bb42.PNG

And thus is why Jurgen was fired. As it stands, we aren't going to make the World Cup. Thus, we leave it in the hands of Bruce Arena. Next round of fixtures are coming up, and USA needs some big wins if they are even going to get into the Intercontinental Play-Off. 

Friday, March 24, 2017
Trinidad and Tobago - Panama
Mexico - Costa Rica
United States - Honduras

Tuesday, March 28, 2017
Honduras - Costa Rica
Trinidad and Tobago - Mexico
Panama - United States

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They continue tonight, I'm looking forward to them. Nowhere near the standard of the South American qualifiers but still fun to watch.

A few good games tonight. USA have a must win as I can see Panama winning in Trinidad. Mexico vs Costa Rica is a good one. Costa Rica for me is the best team in North America while Mexico slightly behind it, so it should be a good one.

I just hope Panama qualify. They've been working for it for years. Also would like to see Tejada play at a World Cup.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Shit, I didn't even seen this thread. Apologies for starting the other one.

Haha that is fine. @Romesh wasn't asked to sticky it so that probably was part of it.

Anyways, cmon Yanks

I couldn't give a shit about the Canadian national team when I was there, but its seriously embarrassing that they lost to Honduras 8-1 back in 2012. I'm not sure how much they've changed but they were terrible back then too.

Well I can't say it was "embarrassing" for Canada given no one gives a shit about the national team over there. Games weren't even shown on TV. No endorsement for the sport.

Qualification isn't over yet, but I'm sure most people had Honduras to miss out on qualification this time around.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 28th March - World Cup Qualifiers (North American)
  • The topic was pinned

Hopefully Panama win. Not convinced by the USA just yet, they did beat Honduras after all. Panama away will be a bit tougher for them.

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Hopefully Panama win. Not convinced by the USA just yet, they did beat Honduras after all. Panama away will be a bit tougher for them.

Believe. Believe sir. 

Dempsey is back, Pulisic will be a full-time starter in that role, which allows Bradley to play his natural position of holding MF and not so attacking. Bad line still needs some help, but last night may be the best I have ever seen the U.S. play. 

10 minutes ago, ATL said:

Believe. Believe sir. 

Dempsey is back, Pulisic will be a full-time starter in that role, which allows Bradley to play his natural position of holding MF and not so attacking. Bad line still needs some help, but last night may be the best I have ever seen the U.S. play. 

I don't have anything against the USMNT, I just don't think they are very good. However the reason I want Panama to win is because they have Luis Tejada and Alberto Quintero who plays here at Universitario.

The NT I can't stand is Mexico. The USMNT are fine with me.

Just now, Teso Dos Bichos said:

I expect another mexican victory and continue leading the table.

Lmao spazzos never change, one victory and suddenly " they're back" :4_joy:

I'm guessing you mean us. And I'm not saying we are back, I'm saying that our best player (Dempsey) is finally playing again. Our second best player (Bradley), is able to actually play his natural position now that Pulisic has stepped up to the plate. 

Still have a lot of wholes in the back, but we aren't back, but I don't think we are missing the World Cup which seemed like a real possibility just 2 days ago. 

4 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Why? Is it because they have been more successful and currently have better players? 

I wanted Klinnsman to stay. :8_laughing: 

No - I just actually don't mind most of the players. Marquez was amazing. 

But....

Chicarito is a bitch. 

10 minutes ago, oliveandblue said:

Mexico will coast in WCQ this cycle, but I still feel like Chile showed them for what they were.  They're too big for CONCACAF but not big enough for the world stage.

This. Although I feel Costa Rica are slightly better. Their best players are better than Mexico's best players, although a bit more unbalanced but way more ambitious. 

In other words, they are quality where as Mexico are quantity. I like Hirving Lozano though.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived