talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SPFL in Talks for Record TV Deal

football forum

I hope this goes ahead and I never have to watch a Scottish match on Sky again. Their incompetence in caring about it is far too obvious. At least BT Sport have put some effort into it and tried to champion the leagues.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not seen the detail involved, but worryingly, the Scottish Champions to get an extra 1 million!!!!! So going by previous, that will more than likely mean the rest of us will get £4.76 extra each. Apart from Hibs who will get 12 Celtic loanees then an additional 5 emergency loans when the have a particularly difficult run of fixtures. 

Tbf, that's a decent increase if they can get it. For our game to improve though, I believe 82% going to the top flight isn't the way. 

Positve though, bloody hell,  how often do we say that about Scottish football. 

BT Sport's positive coverage of Scottish football is another reason why it would be good overall for the sport in Scotland. Watching Sky Sport try to pretend they know anything or care about Scottish football is embarrassing. Including their coverage of the national team. 

Yeah I agree ScoRoss, BT is the better of the two. Their pundits are better also. Sky's insistence on using Walker and that cheating, diving b a s t a r d provan really drives the product down. I'm being bitter and childish but they are Celtic minded and in no way impartial when commentating. Terry McCann is ok though 😉

Maybe it's a Hearts thing 😂😉

Neil McCann is definitely the best Scottish pundit on Sky, but the minimal time they actually give him pregame makes it difficult to present anything.

Would love to see him alongside Sutton, Craigen and Michael Stewart on BT. Their Scottish football Extra show is a must watch for fans, mainly because no one has bothered making a show like it for Scottish football before. And it's not a complex task to be fair.

• 1 year later...

Sky get exclusive Premiership live games.

BBC get highlights and live Championship games on Friday nights.

Premier Sports get the Betfred Cup to go along with the rights to the Scottish Cup they won last week.

BT Sport will be left with nothing.

Archived