talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 15th September - Watford 1-2 Manchester United

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Marc said:

Everton fans are taking Everton breaking the rules and tapping up Watford’s manager well xD

mouriho thrives when the world is against him. After the spurs loss I said they’d win 5 in a row with the easyish run of games. 

Didn't realise it had been proven already. That was pretty fast. Pretty disgraceful from us, we're the first club ever to do it. I mean it's not like David Moyes publicly admitted that Alex Ferguson came to his house when he was still under contract at Everton and offered him the job as Manchester United's manager and Manchester United got away with it because Everton didn't kick up a big fuss and make an embarrassing public statement about how another club ruined their season for trying to sign their manager. And it's also not like Watford get three new managers a season off other clubs themselves because that would be double standards wouldn't it.

If we did technically tap up Marco Silva then sure, I'm disappointed in the club for not following the proper channels but it's funny seeing people getting on their high horse over it as if nobody else ever does it. Apart from Southampton and possibly Arsenal, I can't think of many clubs who have more consistently been on the wrong end of tapping up in recent years between Wayne Rooney, Joleon Lescott, David Moyes, John Stones, Ross Barkley. In fact this very transfer window, RB Leipzig spent most of the summer making public statements through their Director of Football and their official Twitter account about how they know Ademola Lookman wants to join the club when Everton had repeatedly said he's an Everton player and he's not for sale, unsettling the player and impeding his ability to contribute to the first team as the backup to our suspended Richarlison. Our only problem apparently is that we aren't bigger crybabies about it and we just get on with our own business unlike Watford who have this weird bee in their bonnet about it almost a year after the fact.

At this moment in time there is more evidence in the public domain against Liverpool tapping up Virgil Van Dijk and Barcelona tapping up Phillipe Coutinho yet neither of those clubs are facing potential points deductions or ongoing investigations about tapping up. Liverpool at least made a public apology to Southampton and backed off for 6 months to get out of the trouble they put themselves in because Southampton, too, are more interested in moving on after Liverpool made their apology than wasting their and Liverpool's time dragging out for another year.

So if we tapped up Silva, then we have to take our medicine and make sure we don't fuck up again. I'm not saying we didn't do it and I'm not saying we should get away with it if we did. What I am saying is that if a Premier League Football Club like Watford can spend a whole year cry-arsing about the fact that Silva wanted to leave for Everton, then I'm not going to feel bad about going on an Internet forum and putting my club's side of things to people who just read what's in the news and therefore only get the viewpoint of who shouts loudest, in this case Watford, no matter how much of a cry-arse that makes me myself.

And to clarify my comments about this actual game are a complete caricature of my actual feelings. Watching United lose is always funny but at the moment watching Watford lose is pretty funny as well because they won't fuck off over this whole issue. I'd actually like Watford to get a goal this half as Both Teams To Score is part of my potential £60 request-a-bet.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Didn't realise it had been proven already. That was pretty fast. Pretty disgraceful from us, we're the first club ever to do it. I mean it's not like David Moyes publicly admitted that Alex Ferguson came to his house when he was still under contract at Everton and offered him the job as Manchester United's manager and Manchester United got away with it because Everton didn't kick up a big fuss and make an embarrassing public statement about how another club ruined their season for trying to sign their manager. And it's also not like Watford get three new managers a season off other clubs themselves because that would be double standards wouldn't it.

If we did technically tap up Marco Silva then sure, I'm disappointed in the club for not following the proper channels but it's funny seeing people getting on their high horse over it as if nobody else ever does it. Apart from Southampton and possibly Arsenal, I can't think of many clubs who have more consistently been on the wrong end of tapping up in recent years between Wayne Rooney, Joleon Lescott, David Moyes, John Stones, Ross Barkley. In fact this very transfer window, RB Leipzig spent most of the summer making public statements through their Director of Football and their official Twitter account about how they know Ademola Lookman wants to join the club when Everton had repeatedly said he's an Everton player and he's not for sale, unsettling the player and impeding his ability to contribute to the first team as the backup to our suspended Richarlison. Our only problem apparently is that we aren't bigger crybabies about it and we just get on with our own business unlike Watford who have this weird bee in their bonnet about it almost a year after the fact.

At this moment in time there is more evidence in the public domain against Liverpool tapping up Virgil Van Dijk and Barcelona tapping up Phillipe Coutinho yet neither of those clubs are facing potential points deductions or ongoing investigations about tapping up. Liverpool at least made a public apology to Southampton and backed off for 6 months to get out of the trouble they put themselves in because Southampton, too, are more interested in moving on after Liverpool made their apology than wasting their and Liverpool's time dragging out for another year.

So if we tapped up Silva, then we have to take our medicine and make sure we don't fuck up again. I'm not saying we didn't do it and I'm not saying we should get away with it if we did. What I am saying is that if a Premier League Football Club like Watford can spend a whole year cry-arsing about the fact that Silva wanted to leave for Everton, then I'm not going to feel bad about going on an Internet forum and putting my club's side of things to people who just read what's in the news and therefore only get the viewpoint of who shouts loudest, in this case Watford, no matter how much of a cry-arse that makes me myself.

And to clarify my comments about this actual game are a complete caricature of my actual feelings. Watching United lose is always funny but at the moment watching Watford lose is pretty funny as well because they won't fuck off over this whole issue. I'd actually like Watford to get a goal this half as Both Teams To Score is part of my potential £60 request-a-bet.

Two wrongs don't make a right mate ;)

• The topic was unpinned
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Various papers over the past few weeks because his save percentage has been poor. They were hailing Allison as the best keeper in the league, simply due to save percentage. Over 4 games. Seriously. 

He's the best keeper in the world for me. More consistent than neuer

Archived