talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ben Woodburn - Fortuna Dusseldorf

football forum

Fortuna Dusseldorf are the favourites to sign Welsh international midfielder Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool. The 20 year old has already had loan spells at Oxford United and Sheffield United over the past couple of seasons. Now it seems that the young Welsh international could be moving on loan to Germany.

It is worth noting that Woodburn already has 10 international caps for Wales and that he has already scored 2 goals for his country, despite only being 20 years of age. In fact he scored his first international goal against Austria in a World Cup qualifier, when Woodburn was only 17 years old. His goal against the Austrians was the only goal of the match and earned Wales the win and 3 points. Woodburn has previously made 6 Premier League appearances for Liverpool, but has been loaned out in recent years so that he can gain experience.

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2020/08/09/fortuna-dusseldorf-ben-woodburn-liverpool/

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Thought he was the next best thing at Liverpool after he got those caps for Wales?

Maybe 2.Buli is his level?

Broke Michael Owen's youngest scorer record for Liverpool too. For whatever reason he's not kicked on and I don't think he's ever making it here. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Thought he was the next best thing at Liverpool after he got those caps for Wales?

Maybe 2.Buli is his level?

He's still only 20 years old, I think the kid needs to be given more of a chance. It's not his fault that he was overhyped as hell when he first started out as a 17 year old at Liverpool. He may never be a regular at Liverpool, but he has plenty of time to establish himself in a top flight league like the Premier League or maybe the Bundesliga. He is still learning at his age as a player, he still has plenty of time to improve. He has shown flashes of brilliance, I think that consistency has been his main issue. He was actually playing quite well at his last loan stint at Oxford United, until injury struck. Maybe we will be in  a position to pass judgement over him in 3 or 4 years time, but I think that it is way too early to do that now.

• The topic was locked

Archived