The better place to talk football.

IPD'S Being Removed

football forum

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

@...Dan @Dan @Smiley Culture

Incase you haven't heard because of their poor communication, FI have out done themselves again by removing IPD's in 30 days. Distorting some valuations massively.

Yeah it's not great that they've massively changed things yet again, but I wasn't happy when they brought IPDs in in the first place because it makes it a short term game rather than long term, so I'm reasonably happy. The reasoning behind it makes perfect sense, it would be difficult for prices to rise back to where they were when everyone is selling when a player scores a goal so they can refresh their shares. They did say a while ago that IPDs are confirmed for the rest of the season, not just as a promo though, and understandably a lot of people are pissed off with yet another u-turn.

I'm just sitting back and watching. There's no use in panicking. They say they're gonna replace IPDs with something else, tiered PB or payouts for certain levels of PB scores would be great. I can't help but think they should have announced what they're replacing it with at the same time and save a lot of drama though.

Saw that. I have no idea what is going on there, the product was never perfect by any means but it seems they’re intent on wrecking it completely. So glad I got out when I did. 

A lot of this was predicted by Caan Berry, a pretty big Betfair trader, who looked at and reviewed FI. The levels of toxicity and bile spewed his way was downright disgusting from them shitty “FI Del Boy” type accounts on Twitter. 

50 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Saw that. I have no idea what is going on there, the product was never perfect by any means but it seems they’re intent on wrecking it completely. So glad I got out when I did. 

A lot of this was predicted by Caan Berry, a pretty big Betfair trader, who looked at and reviewed FI. The levels of toxicity and bile spewed his way was downright disgusting from them shitty “FI Del Boy” type accounts on Twitter. 

I'm divided on it to be honest, IPD's were forcing prices down as people would sell on goals and find somebody they could refresh with every 30 days. "Long term trading" however doesn't provide confidence or liquidity which seem to be two fundamental problems since this order book debacle. It will rid the bookie type gambler too which may not be worth as much as somebody with six figures in the product, but at the same hundreds and thousands provide the word of mouth that's tarnished the reputation of the product. Fundamentally though, they way they've announced this is absolutely bollocks which will do very little to provide any form of confidence going forwards.

Re. Caan Berry. I did agree with the majority of what Caan Berry had to say but it was hard to take his review too seriously as it's clear he has an agenda and it's in his best interests for Football Index to fail given how he makes his income. Attempts to tarnish his business online with bad review however is absolutely classless and shows how toxic Twitter is in general.

35 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm divided on it to be honest, IPD's were forcing prices down as people would sell on goals and find somebody they could refresh with every 30 days. "Long term trading" however doesn't provide confidence or liquidity which seem to be two fundamental problems since this order book debacle. It will rid the bookie type gambler too which may not be worth as much as somebody with six figures in the product, but at the same hundreds and thousands provide the word of mouth that's tarnished the reputation of the product. Fundamentally though, they way they've announced this is absolutely bollocks which will do very little to provide any form of confidence going forwards.

Re. Caan Berry. I did agree with the majority of what Caan Berry had to say but it was hard to take his review too seriously as it's clear he has an agenda and it's in his best interests for Football Index to fail given how he makes his income. Attempts to tarnish his business online with bad review however is absolutely classless and shows how toxic Twitter is in general.

The shift is due to the decisions made by Football Index in the first place. They’ve literally been their own worst enemies and have been accountable for such a shift. 

I don’t agree with that assessment on Caan Berry at all. To suggest he has an agenda against a platform available in less than ten countries worldwide when the primary platform he uses for income is available pretty much across the world, is a strange one. I don’t think there was ever an agenda there, more an honest look at it from an experienced trader, who, I’m sure, would have got involved if it was a sound platform. 

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

The shift is due to the decisions made by Football Index in the first place. They’ve literally been their own worst enemies and have been accountable for such a shift. 

I don’t agree with that assessment on Caan Berry at all. To suggest he has an agenda against a platform available in less than ten countries worldwide when the primary platform he uses for income is available pretty much across the world, is a strange one. I don’t think there was ever an agenda there, more an honest look at it from an experienced trader, who, I’m sure, would have got involved if it was a sound platform. 

He made his point and then he kept digging, and digging, and digging. The actions of others were classless but he was definitely aware of what he was doing.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@...Dan @Dan @Smiley Culture

Incase you haven't heard because of their poor communication, FI have out done themselves again by removing IPD's in 30 days. Distorting some valuations massively.

How would you recommend getting out of it? I am totally braced for having to just quick sell loads even if that means a quite steep loss. If there's a better way, do you know it?

I'm totally out of interest. They've lost me.

Archived