talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 19th April, 2021

football forum

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

imo clubs should be owned by the fans. gate money and tv money can cover the wage bill and fans all over the world could pay into a membership and that money can be used to buy players. liverpool as an example have 80million fans around the world if not more. charge 50p per week membership and that gives the club £40mil per week. scrap season tickets and give all fans a chance to get a match day ticket. just a thought. 

I agree with fans having ownership of the club. Maybe not full ownership, because sometimes I think groups of fans can be shortsighted and reactionary and they don't always make the best decisions because they are full of passion. But I am definitely in support of something along the lines of Germany's 50+1 rule.

The issue with implementing something like that in England is the clubs at the top... that's some serious money fan groups would need to pay up for clubs that are valued at over a billion, much less clubs like Liverpool or United where we might be talking about multiple billions.

I don't think something like that can be achieved without government intervention... and then we've probably got an unreasonable amount of taxpayer money going towards football - which might rub a lot of people the wrong way as there's probably loads of more important things to spend tax money on.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived