talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 19th April, 2021

football forum

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

In 3 years, Leeds will be a football club and "Liverpool" will be nothing more than a logo and a slogan used to advertise Indonesian betting websites to gambling addicts and sell streaming subscriptions in India and North America which also happens to have a football team that plays at a stadium in Liverpool about as often as they play in Abu Dhabi or Chicago.

and what sponsors and logo does the everton kit have mate. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
14 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

why is it that anyone that dont go with the flow on this forum is classed as a troll. 

4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

Exhibit A. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

but how does it ruin english football. all it does is ruin UEFA. english clubs go all out to win the EPL and the UCL. they will also go all out to win the ESL and the EPL. 

Well they won't as you're in one or the other.

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

but how does it ruin english football. all it does is ruin UEFA. english clubs go all out to win the EPL and the UCL. they will also go all out to win the ESL and the EPL. 

Yeah, exactly - it ruins both English football and European football.

English football right now rewards clubs based on merit by allowing clubs who do well to compete in football’s most prestigious tournament.

These 6 clubs who’ve come up with this plan now think “fuck merit based qualifications for a tournament - why should we have to compete with Leicester and West Ham when we have more money” - the idea of this being the “new elite” and closing out sides from participating, when they would deserve competing in the “elite competition” utterly fucks with the integrity of the league.

Further, if teams are given guaranteed money each year and don’t face any chance of getting kicked from the tournament... they’ve got little incentive to push on for greater ambition. Why sign an expensive player to make Spurs or Liverpool better if all you need to do to make a fat chunk of cash each season is just to avoid relegation?

And taking away from the glory of competing for the European Cup seems so antithetical of what Liverpool, the English club that’s shined the brightest in going after that trophy, should be standing for. This isn’t Chelsea, or Citeh, we’re meant to care about our history.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Exhibit A. 

what the hell are you talking about here. the guy said liverpool will be nothing but a bunch of sponsors and logos that play games around the world to advertise. tell me how everton has made the money they have spent in the last 5 years if not for the same shit. also before the ESL came along did liverpool and the rest of the top clubs not play games around the world. 

• Subscriber

You're beyond clueless. You genuinely care less about what your club stands for than me, an Everton fan and not even a Scouser.

This is everything wrong with the whole cocktail of football, mass media and now social media. You understand literally nothing about where all of these football clubs came from, who built them and made them what they are and what they mean in people's lives. The real Liverpool fans on here are gutted, feel utterly betrayed by their club owners, sick to the stomach of the fact that they have no power to influence the situation and that they'll feel for the rest of their lives that a club that has been a massive part of their lives since they were old enough to understand football will never be the same to them again, unless the ownership is somehow completely overhauled.

To you, it's just an excuse to win arguments on social media about how the club you "support" are better than Leeds or Everton because they're going to play in a league that they don't even have to qualify for, says "Super" in the name and might win once every 10 years.

It's always been your like that I've felt more sorry for than anything because you can never conceive of the absolute joy all the genuine fans on here felt at winning the Champions League and Premier League, because you've never understood what a football club really is. I've taken the piss out of Liverpool for slogans like "this means more" over the years but when you compare the likes of them and Man Utd to the likes of Man City and PSG, it actually sort of does mean more, because they're clubs who have always stood for something more than success and profit at all costs. This goes through, that's over, and the people that lose more than anyone are the proper Liverpool fans who were dying to see their team win the title for 30 years, a literal lifetime for most of those who post on here. I'd bet good money that every single one of the lads who have posted on here for years would give that league title back to erase this whole sorry episode because they understand that a football club is for their fans, and that glory is ultimately nothing but a bonus.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, exactly - it ruins both English football and European football.

English football right now rewards clubs based on merit by allowing clubs who do well to compete in football’s most prestigious tournament.

These 6 clubs who’ve come up with this plan now think “fuck merit based qualifications for a tournament - why should we have to compete with Leicester and West Ham when we have more money” - the idea of this being the “new elite” and closing out sides from participating, when they would deserve competing in the “elite competition” utterly fucks with the integrity of the league.

Further, if teams are given guaranteed money each year and don’t face any chance of getting kicked from the tournament... they’ve got little incentive to push on for greater ambition. Why sign an expensive player to make Spurs or Liverpool better if all you need to do to make a fat chunk of cash each season is just to avoid relegation?

And taking away from the glory of competing for the European Cup seems so antithetical of what Liverpool, the English club that’s shined the brightest in going after that trophy, should be standing for. This isn’t Chelsea, or Citeh, we’re meant to care about our history.

what the hell has history got to do with this. yet again i have to add im against this. but in no way does it ruin english football. like i said clubs like city and liverpool go all out to win the EPL and the UCL every season. they will also go all out to win the EPL and the ESL. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

what the hell has history got to do with this. yet again i have to add im against this. but in no way does it ruin english football. like i said clubs like city and liverpool go all out to win the EPL and the UCL every season. they will also go all out to win the EPL and the ESL. 

How can they go all out to win the PL when they won't be in it? Signing up to this ESL contravenes the rules of being in the PL... 

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk ask the Shankly Gates or the statue of Paisley outside Anfield

He's a troll. Probably couldn't point to Liverpool on a map. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You're beyond clueless. You genuinely care less about what your club stands for than me, an Everton fan and not even a Scouser.

This is everything wrong with the whole cocktail of football, mass media and now social media. You understand literally nothing about where all of these football clubs came from, who built them and made them what they are and what they mean in people's lives. The real Liverpool fans on here are gutted, feel utterly betrayed by their club owners, sick to the stomach of the fact that they have no power to influence the situation and that they'll feel for the rest of their lives that a club that has been a massive part of their lives since they were old enough to understand football will never be the same to them again, unless the ownership is somehow completely overhauled.

To you, it's just an excuse to win arguments on social media about how the club you "support" are better than Leeds or Everton because they're going to play in a league that they don't even have to qualify for, says "Super" in the name and might win once every 10 years.

It's always been your like that I've felt more sorry for than anything because you can never conceive of the absolute joy all the genuine fans on here felt at winning the Champions League and Premier League, because you've never understood what a football club really is. I've taken the piss out of Liverpool for slogans like "this means more" over the years but when you compare the likes of them and Man Utd to the likes of Man City and PSG, it actually sort of does mean more, because they're clubs who have always stood for something more than success and profit at all costs. This goes through, that's over, and the people that lose more than anyone are the proper Liverpool fans who were dying to see their team win the title for 30 years, a literal lifetime for most of those who post on here. I'd bet good money that every single one of the lads who have posted on here for years would give that league title back to erase this whole sorry episode because they understand that a football club is for their fans, and that glory is ultimately nothing but a bonus.

so in other words you dont care what your club does to make money to spend on players sponsors/deals nit picking smaller clubs for players you only think its unmoral to take the big money this brings. so you are a real fan of football when you make money outside of winning nothing to spend millions on players but when other clubs make more you dont like it and its not part of the game. yeah rightyhoo

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If I could upvote this more than once, I would. Top post :congrats:

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

How can they go all out to win the PL when they won't be in it? Signing up to this ESL contravenes the rules of being in the PL... 

mate do you think the PL will will expel the 6 clubs and lose out on all the money they bring. not a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If I could upvote this more than once, I would. Top post :congrats:

mate you can upvote your old buddy as much as you like but please tell me where everton got the millions of £££ they spent in the last years. they never got it from winning on the pitch did they. no they got it from billionaire sponsors. 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

so in other words you dont care what your club does to make money to spend on players sponsors/deals nit picking smaller clubs for players you only think its unmoral to take the big money this brings. so you are a real fan of football when you make money outside of winning nothing to spend millions on players but when other clubs make more you dont like it and its not part of the game. yeah rightyhoo

This is more or less unintelligible. I'm tagging out at this point. To save time, whenever you think of typing something out you can just assume in advance that I disagree with it.

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

He's a troll. Probably couldn't point to Liverpool on a map. 

mate how am i a troll because i have my opinion. i have said time and time again in this thread i am against this shit. but i dont agree with the reasoning most people have against it. the everton kid is saying liverpool are sell outs because they are taking the money from sponsors and and dont care about other clubs that are not going into the ESL. thats a fair point but does he have a problem with everton making big money from sponsors and spending big on players when the likes of burnley cant compeat with them. no he dont give a shit about that but he thinks its unfair when his club gets left behind. none of us want this but some of us will benifit from the money it makes. but lets have it right here people dont care when they look down they only care when they look up. 

8 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

mate you can upvote your old buddy as much as you like but please tell me where everton got the millions of £££ they spent in the last years. they never got it from winning on the pitch did they. no they got it from billionaire sponsors. 

You've completely missed the point of what he's said and instead have attacked him because Everton have made money off sponsorships.

But I also imagine the vast majority of money they've made in the last years has mostly come from the TV deals in place... which in part are related to how Everton have performed over the course of the season. So that's money they earned and whether they made more or less than the year before... depended on where they finished in the league. So their prize money for where they finished in the league is... merit based.

So while premier league clubs arguably make way too much money for just existing and having a TV deal... the way money is doled out to the clubs is inherently a more fair system than a closed off system where the clubs get guaranteed money, as has been proposed.

Every club in the world has a brand, but they're meant to be football clubs that have a meaningful connection with the communities and fans they represent. I don't think what FSG have planned for Liverpool fits any of that except for the word "brand" - they're doing this to guarantee money year in year out, but also because this tournament is specifically designed for the glorywhore fans worldwide, who don't care about the clubs as football institutions. They care about the branding of the club.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is more or less unintelligible. I'm tagging out at this point. To save time, whenever you think of typing something out you can just assume in advance that I disagree with it.

thats because you are a narcissistic twat 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You've completely missed the point of what he's said and instead have attacked him because Everton have made money off sponsorships.

But I also imagine the vast majority of money they've made in the last years has mostly come from the TV deals in place... which in part are related to how Everton have performed over the course of the season. So that's money they earned and whether they made more or less than the year before... depended on where they finished in the league. So their prize money for where they finished in the league is... merit based.

So while premier league clubs arguably make way too much money for just existing and having a TV deal... the way money is doled out to the clubs is inherently a more fair system than a closed off system where the clubs get guaranteed money, as has been proposed.

Every club in the world has a brand, but they're meant to be football clubs that have a meaningful connection with the communities and fans they represent. I don't think what FSG have planned for Liverpool fits any of that except for the word "brand" - they're doing this to guarantee money year in year out, but also because this tournament is specifically designed for the glorywhore fans worldwide, who don't care about the clubs as football institutions. They care about the branding of the club.

if that were true how comes teams like saints and burnley have not spent half as much as everton. everton spend far more because they make more. how do they make this money. selling the brand. 

4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

if that were true how comes teams like saints and burnley have not spent half as much as everton. everton spend far more because they make more. how do they make this money. selling the brand. 

Everton have been in the league longer (by a shitload).

Everton have a billionaire as an owner. Everton also do shady deals with a Russian oligarch.

Everton are also one of the bigger sides in the league, with one of the more passionate fanbases, even though they've not won anything since 1995 and Bill Kenwright had done a lot of work successfully convincing Evertonians that they aren't a big club and therefore shouldn't have as much ambition as they should. This relieved him of a lot of pressure, while getting fans to not lose patience and protest him or fail to turn up to the stadium.

• Subscriber

Everton aren't trying to create a breakaway competition which they get to govern themselves, award themselves way more prize and sponsorship money than any Premier League team would ever dream of being possible, whilst having a place guaranteed in that competition every season even if we don't pick up a single point. Yes Everton get lots of money for being in the Premier League, at least we have to finish in the top 17 each season (despite our best efforts not to on several occasions) to retain the privilege, and that's the difference here. If you still can't see that after so many people have tried to explain it I don't know what else we can do to help.

I have problems with money in football, I hate that we were sponsored by Sport Pesa because the gambling industry is immoral in so many ways, I'd have Everton in the Community on the front of the shirt if it was me, what difference does the €6m from Cazoo really make to a club dealing in figures like we and the rest of the league deal in? Our Iranian owner has numerous dodgy business links that I'm uncomfortable with. I can admit this stuff because I'm a grown up and not everything has to be black and white, and not everything with the Everton badge next to it is automatically defensible in my eyes. At the same time, it's worlds apart from what Liverpool's owners are trying to do. 

The bizarre thing about this exchange is that I'm ultimately defending Liverpool Football Club, to the hilt as a matter of fact, and you can't see that because you don't actually understand what Liverpool Football Club is.

the hypocricy of football fans is crazy tbh. like i have seen lots of dick head everton fans around the world saying this is a bad thing for football and i agree for most parts. but when everton make a shit load more money than teams like sheffield united and spend millions of ££ on players because they are a bigger club and make far more money than sheffield united from selling out to sponsors they have nothing to say. now the big teams in the world are making the ESL and will blow teams like everton out of the water its not fair now. like i have said many times in this thread i am against this ESL but every club in any lge has shit on the club under them. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The bizarre thing about this exchange is that I'm ultimately defending Liverpool Football Club, to the hilt as a matter of fact, and you can't see that because you don't actually understand what Liverpool Football Club is.

He made me defend Everton too - disgusting.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Everton have been in the league longer (by a shitload).

Everton have a billionaire as an owner. Everton also do shady deals with a Russian oligarch.

Everton are also one of the bigger sides in the league, with one of the more passionate fanbases, even though they've not won anything since 1995 and Bill Kenwright had done a lot of work successfully convincing Evertonians that they aren't a big club and therefore shouldn't have as much ambition as they should. This relieved him of a lot of pressure, while getting fans to not lose patience and protest him or fail to turn up to the stadium.

that dont seem to bother the everton fans though mate. shady deals with russian oligarch is fine in the football world but clubs going out to make legit money is the death of football. 

• Subscriber

that dont seem to bother the everton fans though mate

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Our Iranian owner has numerous dodgy business links that I'm uncomfortable with

Getting beyond parody now.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived