talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-1 Liverpool - Monday 19th April, 2021

football forum

That was a fantastic goal. 

Caved a bit, I just can’t not support these players and manager. The future will be what is it, but in the here and now I have to want my team to do well. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Manc Red said:

It would appear that none of the clubs involved told their managers, playing staff or fans. 

Big respect for Klopp coming out and stating what he feels. Had hoped that Ole was more in tune with the fans and would do similar If this league goes ahead i think i'll hang up my scarf and take up knitting.

Will you knit me a Tranmere scarf?

*edit* actually, I should probably just go ahead and buy one. They need the money more than any premier league club does.

I'll take some Tranmere socks then, mate, if you do end up going ahead with becoming a knitter.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Klopp's interview to me was a sign that the players and managers aren't really going to stop it - they'll have their money probably doubled, it's wrong that they have to be the ones facing the media and whatnot but this just seems to be the way in society in general, those making awful decisions don't have to actually face up to them and people reluctantly have to do it on their behalf. See also covid regulations.

But yeah I don't expect much from the players or managers. A lot of them blatantly hate VAR and drop hints about that yet were never willing to compromise anything to get anything done about it, so I expect a similar outcome here.

Milner's gone some way to me retracting this.

I just think we wore them down.

Liverpool were out on their feet after 60/70 mins and we just couldn't make it count till near the end.

Liverpool should have put us to bed in the first half really, when they found openings because we were pretty poor.

But the longer the game went, we kept applying pressure and pushed them back.

Draw was a fair result in my eyes.

What's annoying is that's a good result for us but it all feels irrelevant and insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Milner coming out and saying he doesn’t like it and hopes it doesn’t happen is welcome. Bit easier for him with him being at the end of his career, but it’s good to hear nonetheless

• The topic was unpinned

Archived