Matchday Programmes

football forum

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Did anyone collect them?

Does anyone still buy them?

Has anyone purchased an electronic version?

How long do you reckon until clubs stop producing them?

I always get a match programme. But I don't go very often. I dont really read them its more of a souvenir. I actually kept the printed of receipt and stuff from the first arsenal game I went to 

• Administrator

Used to always get it and then shortly before the title season we stopped. Last one we got was for the FA Cup. 

I think they're dying a slow death now with the online services available these days. What you can get for free online costs a few quid at the ground so might as well save while you can for most people? 

Used to love them when I was much younger though and the boom of social media hadn't taken place. 

• The title was changed to Matchday Programmes
On 10/12/2021 at 21:40, The Palace Fan said:

Did anyone collect them?

Does anyone still buy them?

Has anyone purchased an electronic version?

How long do you reckon until clubs stop producing them?

I get them intermittently, although rarely for home games as they now sell them at the club office rather than near the turnstiles so too much unnecessary faffing.  

On away days if I pass the person selling programmes I'll buy one but it's not something I keep in mind when I go to games. 

I've never purchased an online programme, although have read a few when they've been free. 

They can't be hugely profitable for clubs to produce (certainly at lower levels) so I imagine they'll gradually drift out. In fact there's many away games this season when I haven't seen any programmes on sale. 

Archived