• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle - Thursday 16th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

The game should stop immediately when someone hits their head. No ifs, no buts. That is the rules. Otherwise you are setting a stupid precedent that someone who has just had a blow to the head should shoot up off the floor and worry about it later because another wave of an attack is coming and their might be a goal. 

You can't let the game go on and then decide if it's OK in hindsight. Otherwise you are basically asking Hayden to get up and stumble around to prove concussion before you are willing to stop play.

There was no blow to the head thoughxD

I agree that play should have been stopped right away. If it was a Liverpool player who was down holding their head, I’d want it stopped. You can’t tell me Mike Dean knew it wasn’t a true head injury in the moment, the contact happened in a crowded area. His colleague on BT even said he’s expected to stop the game. 

That being said, if Eddie Howe is maintaining he had a head injury then surely it’s also his responsibility to pull him from the game. He didn’t do that because there was no head injury whatsoever. As far as other decisions against them goes, I really don’t know what else they are talking about.

Archived