talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Watford - Saturday 2nd April, 2022

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I lived just a short walk from Anfield back then. Still makes me feel sick. 

It was only a group game but the one that gets me is where England were 1.0 up against france with 91 minutes gone. Then we lost 2.1  

And the champions league final. Wasn't quite so dramatic but I remember starting to think we might do it then eto scored a minute later 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Dr. Gonzo @Rick @Burning Gold @LFCMike @LFCMadLad I knew there have been final day title decided before but I'm trying to think of a one of game that has had so much significance for  both teams. Neither of liverpool or city seem like they will drop points. You could argue when you two play each other it's the biggest game in premier league history. 

I know sky sports will definitely say it is xD

I think Neville has alluded to it recently when he said that the games between United and Arsenal when he was playing were always significant in terms of the title. But he said that both teams would drop points in the run in. As you say, it doesn't feel like either Liverpool or Man City will drop points, which is exactly what happened in the 18/19 run in. 

It does feel like whoever wins next Sunday will win the league. It certainly wouldn't be over if there is a winner but we could see the focus of the loser shift slightly to the other two competitions because both teams know how relentless the other one is and they won't be expecting any more dropped points from whoever is top come Sunday night.

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I think Neville has alluded to it recently when he said that the games between United and Arsenal when he was playing were always significant in terms of the title. But he said that both teams would drop points in the run in. As you say, it doesn't feel like either Liverpool or Man City will drop points, which is exactly what happened in the 18/19 run in. 

It does feel like whoever wins next Sunday will win the league. It certainly wouldn't be over if there is a winner but we could see the focus of the loser shift slightly to the other two competitions because both teams know how relentless the other one is and they won't be expecting any more dropped points from whoever is top come Sunday night.

I think if city win it's almost certainly over because I wouldn't expect either to drop 4 points. However if liverpool win there is still a chance they may draw at some point,however they would be big favourites. A draw would put city as big favourites for me

5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think if city win it's almost certainly over because I wouldn't expect either to drop 4 points. However if liverpool win there is still a chance they may draw at some point,however they would be big favourites. A draw would put city as big favourites for me

Yeah I do feel like we need to be going out to win on Sunday. A draw isn't awful, it would still be all to play for, but it leaves no room for error for us after that. If we can win on Sunday then it means we could afford a draw somewhere else down the line and then it would come down to goal difference.

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I do feel like we need to be going out to win on Sunday. A draw isn't awful, it would still be all to play for, but it leaves no room for error for us after that. If we can win on Sunday then it means we could afford a draw somewhere else down the line and then it would come down to goal difference.

Your goal difference is better at the moment but city are capable of overturning that quickly and going out and getting a few heavy victories. In some ways I feel like liverpool could do with the city game being later in the season as they do better when they are chasing. However I think the league title win two years ago should help with that 

Archived