talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

football forum

• Subscriber

MKBHD touched on a topic this week past that really hit on something that isn't terribly easy to do, comment spam. And more importantly, the negative repercussions of comment spam. I know most of us would think twice about hitting a link in spam just because we're auto-trained from years of experience on the internet but it does raise quite an interesting question about how to deal with it. This may be a discourse on what to do with such an issue but I figure the folks who were learning programming (or the ones who aren't) would like to talk about this and how they'd go about solving this issue?

@nudge @Bluebird Hewitt @Eco 

It's not a simple solution clearly but one of the things you'd clearly want to watch for is recurring patterns in posting and auto-shutdown of those accounts and more importantly the HOST IPs of those accounts from accessing your service. What's interesting about this video is that it took this long to come out not because its been around since the dawn of the internet but because someone's reputation is now being hurt (jokes). 

Since I know the three folks tagged know Python here's ThioJoe's Repo link on GIT - https://github.com/ThioJoe/YT-Spammer-Purge

Maybe we actually fix the need for a new Kitchen Sink on TalkFootball365 or you find use for it elsewhere. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Cheers for sharing, will have a look at the repo when I have more free time. Quite interested to see how he set up the filters for identifying spam.

It seems that YouTube has meanwhile released a new update where blocking a user now deletes all it's comments automatically, so that's an improvement already. 

Archived