talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brendan Rodgers Finally Sacked

• Administrator

Dean Smith, Shakespeare and Terry to come in.

At least there's a leader in there, and Shakespeare will know the club inside out. Get the defence sorted and that's half the problem...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I think this statement sums up how much we've fucked up but that's as good as it's getting for the rest of this season. Don't particularly rate Smith but it's fresh voices and an actual manager / coaches. Basically what I'm trying to say is as underwhelming as it is, I cannot believe we can get any worse.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think this statement sums up how much we've fucked up but that's as good as it's getting for the rest of this season. Don't particularly rate Smith but it's fresh voices and an actual manager / coaches. Basically what I'm trying to say is as underwhelming as it is, I cannot believe we can get any worse.

Trying to be positive here too! 

I like the fact that it's someone new and an actual set up for a management team. 

It's nowhere near my first choice, but the run of games after Man City is where we are now expected to take whatever points we can. Before it gets touch again with Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham... 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Trying to be positive here too! 

I like the fact that it's someone new and an actual set up for a management team. 

It's nowhere near my first choice, but the run of games after Man City is where we are now expected to take whatever points we can. Before it gets touch again with Liverpool, Newcastle and West Ham... 

I think we've got to beat Liverpool. Their away record is even worse than ours, though admittedly it's at home where we're a real problem.

You might get some semblance of a reaction now. You might not, but hey ho.

I can't tell if I've gone completely mental but I think they might pull it off. We'll see.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

They both live in and around Tamworth, so won’t need hassle etc they will just start tomorrow. I’m not sure they have the time to shore you up defensively as that took time with JT working over lockdown with us but it kept us up and the rest is history 

I don't think they can get much worse defensively.

I really do think we've been as bad as we can almost possibly be. I think their chances of not improving us are virtually nil. Whether they'll do enough to keep us up I'm unsure, but I give us a fighting chance now.

From a selfish point of view, I kinda hope he has as much an impact as he had at Norwich.

We're all looking after Number 1 unfortunately so any new manager bounce from someone below us is definitely not wanted.

I would expect to see some sort of improvement from Leicester though and I think swerving Marsch was probably for the best.

Going to be interesting because you'd expect nothing other than a City win Saturday, which leaves them 7 games, 4 of them at home, to get what they can.

• Subscriber

I just feel like we're actually going to start fighting a bit now. I was absolutely convinced we were done after Bournemouth and what's a real shitter is that we chose that opposition of all to gift wrap three points.

Regardless of his track record I think there is simply no way he can be worse than Rodgers / Sadler this season. There's just surely no way.

We'll lose at Man City, sadly as they're just a machine of a side, but it'll be interesting to see the manner of the performance.

I just feel like we have a bit of a chance again. I don't take back a word about this inept board though. Their jobs should be untenable regardless of where we finish. They have shown themselves to be totally useless.

Archived