• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL 2022/23 Awards

football forum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Ah Paul Simpson, what a blast from the past. I remember seeing him in and around my school a lot as his son was in the same year as me(who also followed him into professional football). Cool to see that he’s doing okay with Carlisle. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
16 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Its hilarious to me that Bristol City have had a really good batch of young players come through and they've wasted it on Nigel Pearson.

It's the Belgium/Martinez equivalent of The Championship.

You really don't like him do you xD

They've developed under him this season, no? 

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

You really don't like him do you xD

They've developed under him this season, no? 

After three top half finishes before he arrived he has taken them from 15th to 15th.

They looked like a very good team in the first third of the season but inevitably that didn't last.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

After three top half finishes before he arrived he has taken them from 15th to 15th.

They looked like a very good team in the first third of the season but inevitably that didn't last.

Fair.

But he thrives on projects, and Bristol City is such. Perhaps taking longer than usual to improve but he's only been there for 2 years so far. They were getting praised, rightly so, for the style of play and scoring plenty of goals for half of this season. Tailed off slightly in the last couple of months. I think he's increased their stock this season, perhaps not in league position but perhaps reputation? I'd like to think he's trusted by the board to make a proper push for the play-offs next season. For some clubs the tightness of the division this season has worked for them, for Bristol City it's worked the other way. 

Depending how much money they may get for players like Scott and Conway, I'd hope he is backed to deliver.

Archived