The better place to talk football.

Djed Spence - Leeds Loan

football forum

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very handy player for The Championship, clearly possess a lot of great qualities and will add more dynamic to our attack as he loves to get forward. 

It's a bit of a luxury transfer in that we have Ayling and Drameh but I think Drameh's card is definitely marked, he's off and Ayling, for all his efforts, has definitely seen better days.

I am dubious of Spence's attitude from his time at Middlesbrough and I wonder if that's had an effect on him not breaking through at Spurs.

However, I trust Farke's judge of character and having seen it not work out at Spurs, maybe he's been taken down a peg and ready to knuckle down and prove himself again.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Very handy player for The Championship, clearly possess a lot of great qualities and will add more dynamic to our attack as he loves to get forward. 

It's a bit of a luxury transfer in that we have Ayling and Drameh but I think Drameh's card is definitely marked, he's off and Ayling, for all his efforts, has definitely seen better days.

I am dubious of Spence's attitude from his time at Middlesbrough and I wonder if that's had an effect on him not breaking through at Spurs.

However, I trust Farke's judge of character and having seen it not work out at Spurs, maybe he's been taken down a peg and ready to knuckle down and prove himself again.

Attitude absolutely stinks. Club want him gone asap. Everybody got a clean slate under Ange and he was throughly unimpressed. Good player for the champ but yeah, attitude is terrible

21 hours ago, Storts said:

Attitude absolutely stinks. Club want him gone asap. Everybody got a clean slate under Ange and he was throughly unimpressed. Good player for the champ but yeah, attitude is terrible

Yeah, definitely my fear with this one.

We'll have to wait and see. It's really up to him where he goes from here and he's got to use this move as a launchpad to kickstart his career because he's stalling and this reputation is doing him no favours.

I just hope he buys into what Farke's trying to do here. Cannot afford passengers this season. The talent is unquestionable, if he performs like he did at Forest, we're on to a good thing.

• The title was changed to Djed Spence - Leeds Loan
  • 3 weeks later...

Our luck with injuries has been horrendous for about the last four or five years now, so I'm not surprised with this, but even so, to lose such a dynamic player without even getting a chance to intergrate him into the team is a real blow for him and us.

This place's a real heavy importance on Ayling now and I can't say I'm thrilled at that thought. 

Fingers crossed Spence's recovery is sooner rather than later because there is no doubt he'd add an extra dimension.

Edited by Lucas