The better place to talk football.

Odisseas Vlachodimos Joins Nottingham Forest for €9m

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Set to be completed today. Medical booked according to Romano.

Decent signing for them. 

This deal makes sense, as Benfica bought the highly rated young 22 year old Ukrainian keeper Anatoliy Trubin this summer, to be their number 1 goalkeeper. However, I think that if the transfer fee is only 9 million euros, then this deal will be an absolute bargain for Notts Forest. Vlachodimos is in my opinion one of the best keepers in Europe. He is by far the best Greek goalkeeper and he has been the undisputed number 1 keeper for the Greek national team, since he made his international debut in 2018. He is still only 29 years old, meaning for a goalkeeper, he has plenty more years at his peak to play football.

Vlachodimos's transfer fee should be at least 20 million euros in my opinion, but I would suspect that he asked Benfica to leave, seeing as Trubin has become the number 1 goalie at the Lisbon giants. That's probably the reason why Benfica are allowing him to leave for a relatively low transfer fee, certainly the 9 million euro transfer fee is much less than what he is currently worth as a goalkeeper in todays football transfer market.

For Notts Forest, they needed a top quality goalie to replace the excellent Keylor Navas, whose loan spell at Forest from PSG ended this summer. Vlachodimos is certainly a better keeper than Matt Turner, despite Turner being the same age as Vlachodimos and despite the fact that Matt Turner is the undisputed number 1 goalkeeper for the USA national team. I personally think that Vlachodimos joining Forest for 9 million euros will be a superb bargain for Notts Forest and I think that Vlachodimos will do an excellent job at the club.

• The title was changed to Odisseas Vlachodimos Joins Nottingham Forest for €9m