image.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yamal is special.

I hope he has the right guidance and mentoring to make sure he keeps rising. At 16 he's insane. 

On 18/02/2024 at 10:59, Stan said:

I hope he has the right guidance and mentoring to make sure he keeps rising. At 16 he's insane. 

Yeah, Fati was class at that age(well he was a year older I think) but Yamal is a different level. The only thing that can stop this kid is injuries. He's got the highest dribbling success rate in Europe's top 5 leagues this season(if I'm not mistaken), can already see and pick out difficult passes, can beat players, is skilful and has a great long shot on him. He's not normal for a player of his age. It's easy to get ahead of yourself when it comes to young players at Barcelona, but this kid is literally putting the team on his back lately. 

Barcelona need a manager like Klopp. He could do big things with this team in a few years. The season after next would be a perfect time.

@Danny spoke about the financial situation but you don't need to spend 100s of millions when producing talent of this nature and signing young gems like Pedri and Araújo. It's not like it worked with Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Lenglet, etc. Even now, most of the best players are from the youth or were purchased as teens. The likes of Ferrán, Félix and Raphinha have their moments but largely disappoint. You obviously need to invest a bit, but it's not necessary to go overboard. 

The problem is, managing Barcelona(or Real Madrid) is very different to Liverpool or Dortmund and there is added pressure. The media are also even 10 times worse than in England. Very toxic and sensationalist and this can be a big issue.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

8 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Yeah, Fati was class at that age(well he was a year older I think) but Yamal is a different level. The only thing that can stop this kid is injuries. He's got the highest dribbling success rate in Europe's top 5 leagues this season(if I'm not mistaken), can already see and pick out difficult passes, can beat players, is skilful and has a great long shot on him. He's not normal for a player of his age. It's easy to get ahead of yourself when it comes to young players at Barcelona, but this kid is literally putting the team on his back lately. 

Barcelona need a manager like Klopp. He could do big things with this team in a few years. The season after next would be a perfect time.

@Danny spoke about the financial situation but you don't need to spend 100s of millions when producing talent of this nature and signing young gems like Pedri and Araújo. It's not like it worked with Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Lenglet, etc. Even now, most of the best players are from the youth or were purchased as teens. The likes of Ferrán, Félix and Raphinha have their moments but largely disappoint. You obviously need to invest a bit, but it's not necessary to go overboard. 

The problem is, managing Barcelona(or Real Madrid) is very different to Liverpool or Dortmund and there is added pressure. The media are also even 10 times worse than in England. Very toxic and sensationalist and this can be a big issue.

Klopp seems like the type of manager who wants to be at a club where everyone is pushing in the same direction, LFC media pretty much loved him, but like you say that won't be the case at Barce.

On 19/02/2024 at 18:42, Danny said:

Klopp seems like the type of manager who wants to be at a club where everyone is pushing in the same direction, LFC media pretty much loved him, but like you say that won't be the case at Barce.

Pep is leaving City in a year, although I'm not sure he'd be willing to go back, even though he has a great relation with Laporta. He doesn't have much hair left to lose 😅.

I do think Barcelona need to move on from employing ex players. It's time to bring in an experienced manager, who isn't called José Mourinho. 

• The topic was unpinned