Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Matchday 2 (Group F) - Tuesday 26th September, 2017

kick-off 7.45pm

Man City vs Shakhtar Donetsk

Napoli vs Feyenoord

football forum

Napoli to win 3-0 today. The Dutch sides are never pushovers but at the San Paolo, Napoli should win comfortably.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Napoli to win 3-0 today. The Dutch sides are never pushovers but at the San Paolo, Napoli should win comfortably.

wouldn't surprise me if it went to 4-0 or 5-0 tbh. 

football forum

Feyenoord have not forgotten Mertens it seems!

football forum

Golazo from Insigne. 1-0, this will be a long night for the Dutch.

football forum

Hamsik's off the ball movement is out of this world. So few can rival what he does without it. Messi, Ronaldo and Cavani are the only 3 I can think off.

football forum

Renato Tapia having a perfect game so far for Feyenoord. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Hargreaves is really doing my head in (unsurprisingly) commentating on this City/Shakhtar game. Calls a simple through ball to Aguero 'astonishing' and as De Bruyne tackles Bernard, given as a foul, he calls that a 'terrific tackle'.

So much hyperbole it pisses me off. 

football forum

Jones and Tapia the 2 best on the pitch right now. Both doing a good job in keeping Napoli from their second. Focused and anticipating well. Hamsik and Insigne are the 2 best on Napoli right now I'd say. Mertens more invisible than usual.

of course it's a Peruvian who is 1 of the best on the pitch xD 

football forum
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

of course it's a Peruvian who is 1 of the best on the pitch xD 

He actually is though, I'd say Jones is probably the best but Tapia has been superb in this first half.

Im actually a bit surprised because he's usually the one who struggles most for the NT but i wouldn't go as far as calling him a weak link.

0-0 HT  ..love the way the commentators bang on about the goals drying up when 80% of our goals come in the 2nd half of a game xD   ..just a normal steady start from us, we nearly scored a few, sure we will move through the gears in the 2nd half

football forum

Mertens 2-0. Absolute gift from that Feyenoord right back. Completely misplaced that pass. Mertens anticipated the run well.

Absolutely fantastic goal from De Bruyne. Curled finish about 20 yards out. Keeper didn't even dive. 

football forum

Renato Tapia wants to keep his starting spot. What a game he's having.

football forum

Napoli 3-0. Jose Callejon.

Tapia was playing a 9/10. That goal was on him though, got disposessed too easily and Callejon took advantage. Hope that doesn't lose him his spot!

Penalty Man City. Superb from Ederson to play it in to Sane.

Questionable decision by the ref to give a penalty though. Was pushed rather than tripped but was put off balance by the defender.

Aguero misses!!

Was a brilliant save to be fair. Was going for the side of the net but Pyatov got across well. 

Sterling! 2-0 finally! About time they killed this game off.Brilliant ball from Sterling to Silva. Sterling gets the ball back in the box who side-foots it in off the bar. 

football forum

3-1 now. Thank goodness I didn't bet on my prediction, otherwise I would have been furious!

3-1...  Brilliant!  Needed this because the first game was a display of retardedness from Napoli...  This was much better although it was at home.  In the Champions League you've GOT to perform away too!

Happy with this though.

football forum
Just now, SirBalon said:

3-1...  Brilliant!  Needed this because the first game was a display of retardedness from Napoli...  This was much better although it was at home.  In the Champions League you've GOT to perform away too!

Happy with this though.

I'm confident Napoli will go through. Of that I'm not worried about. Its the hype and expectation that will come of it afterwards just like last year (me included I'll admit)

23 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm confident Napoli will go through. 

Can you survive back to back defeats against City?? ;)

football forum
41 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Can you survive back to back defeats against City?? ;)

Don't think we'll win either games. Your magic will be placed upon you for an automatic win ;) 

2 hours ago, Blue said:

Don't think we'll win either games. Your magic will be placed upon you for an automatic win ;) 

xD  ..both will be hard games, esp in Italy! 

Guardiola’s sides are all about the midfield. Deactivate his midfield and you have a great chance of winning if you’re effective with your chances.

The games against City for Napoli are the acid test on where they stand.