talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spain 3-0 Croatia - Saturday 15th June, 2024

I think that Spain have been a little underestimated in the build up to this competition and I think that Croatia have been slightly overrated. I like Unai Simon is a very good keeper and Spain look good in defence and in the creative area of their team. For me the only player I'm not too crazy about is Morata. He seems to waste a lot of opportunities that come his way, but then again, he has scored some very important goals during his career. But I think Spain look strong and they look like the best team in the group to me.

As for Croatia, no doubt they still have some big names in their team still. But 5 of the 6 players in their midfield and attack are all in their 30's, with Modric now 38 years of age. Croatia's defence is relatively young though, but I still think that dynamic and very talented teams like Spain should get the better of Croatia. 16 year old Lamine Yamal is starting for Spain today against Croatia, which is quite incredible and he will be the youngest player to ever play at a European Championships.

This should be another entertaining match, but I expect Spain to just edge it.

I do like Lovro Majer, he is such a talented attacking midfielder, who has been integral to the Croatia national team in recent years. He holds his own next to the much more experienced Croatian players who play around him in this Croatian national team.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

For me the only player I'm not too crazy about is Morata. He seems to waste a lot of opportunities that come his way, but then again, he has scored some very important goals during his career.

Aged well 😂.

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Aged well 😂.

Well he is their main forward, he is always going to be the one scoring most of their goals. He is always going to get chances in this very talented Spanish side. He has scored 36 international goals for Spain, because he is at the tip of their attack, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't wasted so many chances during his career. Anyone who has watched him over the years, will know how many big chances he has wasted.

Edited by Michael

What a chance there for Croatia! A lovely cross from Majer found Gvardiol at the far post and his shot across the face of the Spanish goal goes narrowly wide of the post.

• The title was changed to Spain 3-0 Croatia - Saturday 15th June, 2024

Carvajal scores Spain's 3rd goal from close range! He met a lovely cross on the volley to extend Spain's lead.

Spain 3-0 Croatia

Edited by Michael

Didn't I say this Spanish side are way underrated and that Croatia are overrated?😃

Spain have been much better, they look quality to be fair.

Edited by Michael