The better place to talk football.

Croatia 2-2 Albania - Wednesday 19th June, 2024

• The title was changed to Croatia vs Albania - Wednesday 19th June, 2024
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping Croatia win today, both for the last man standing game and the fact that it would be great to see some of these golden generation Croat players do well in what will be the last international tournament for some of them. Certainly for Modric and Perisic, I can't see either of them playing in 2 years time at the World Cup, seeing as they are 38 and 35 years of age respectively. Unless they do a Portugal and they play on until they are 41 and 39 or something, just like Pepe and Ronaldo.)

Croatia are starting with Juranovic and Perisic at right-back and left-back respectively. Both like to attack from those positions, so it looks like Croatia are going to give it their all for the win today. That starting 11 still looks relatively old to me, but I think Gvardiol starting at centre-back instead of Pongracic is a very good decision by the manager.

• The title was changed to Croatia 0-1 Albania - Wednesday 19th June, 2024

Bloody hell, Albania score and take the lead!! Laci headed the ball into the net! The keeper should have done better there!

Croatia 0-1 Albania

Edited by Michael

Asllani gets through on goal and pulls the shot off, but his effort is saved by Livakovic. That was an excellent save. Croatia are living very dangerously here, they are being opened up on the counter attack by the Albanians.

• Subscriber

Albania have been good in this first half. Hoping they can continue pressuring Croatia on the counter. Croatia are likely to bounce back but you can't take this first half performance away from Albania as they've frustrated their opposition and deservedly got the opener.

17 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Albania have been good in this first half. Hoping they can continue pressuring Croatia on the counter. Croatia are likely to bounce back but you can't take this first half performance away from Albania as they've frustrated their opposition and deservedly got the opener.

Not so sure they will bounce back in the 2nd half to be honest. They seem to be really struggling to break down that Albania defence. I hope I am wrong, but they look like they don't have enough pace in the team.

The commentator is talking utter crap, when he says that it's only Modric who is in his mid to late 30's in this Croatian team. Bloody Perisic who is playing as a left wing-back is 35!

Edited by Michael

• Subscriber

Albania should have capitalised on their first half dominance. They're still giving it a good go but can't see another goal for them anytime soon.

Croatia score the winner! Sucic scores their 2nd goal! Sucic's shot takes a big deflection off of Gjasula, so the goal has been awarded as an own goal by him.

Croatia 2-1 Albania

Edited by Michael

• Administrator

Albania must be absolutely knackered. The first Croatia goal was coming, then they carried on rushing and rushing. Should have managed the game better.