talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Maddison's Move to Leicester Completed

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I don't mind paying it more for a player who stands a good chance of shooting up in value. Hypothetically he has a good year for us, he's probably worth more than that in a year. I'd much rather pay it for him than say, Slimani or Adrien Silva who are both ageing.

It's a gamble at the price but I'm happy with it really.

Depends on the rest of the squad and transfer business. It was Mike Ashley's whole raison d'etre to buy unproven players in the hope that they'd double in value and it got us relegated. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Depends on the rest of the squad and transfer business. It was Mike Ashley's whole raison d'etre to buy unproven players in the hope that they'd double in value and it got us relegated. 

I'd say squad wise, it would be a surprise if we were relegated.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Harvsky said:

It's a cumulative effect. It doesn't happen in 1 window or because of 1 transfer.

I agree with that, I mean this summer specifically, I think we've made three good moves - obviously Maddison's value isn't going to go up if we are relegated (unless he stands out).

The type of spending that would take us down us what we pulled off in summer 2016.

I echo the sentiments about Leicester City being a better fit for him at present than Everton. I wouldn't say it's a better fit for everybody, but for a young attacking midfielder you're more likely to benefit more at Leicester City through the game time and relative expectation that should include a grace period of settling in.

What's interesting is how this could see a change in emphasis in how Leicester City play. Playing one upfront with Maddison behind in my head doesn't suit either Okazaki or Vardy. Youd think Maguire and Evans are a reliable back line to soak up pressure like Morgan and Huth did, too.

Really, how others cope with the change will have a big outcome in if this transfer is deemed a success of a failure.

Archived