talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Darren Ferguson and Doncaster Part Ways

football forum

• Administrator

Following conversations between the board of Doncaster Rovers and Darren Ferguson, the club can confirm that we have parted ways.

The board intends to start the recruitment process for the new football manager immediately, and will provide a further update in 24 hours.

That's all it says on their site :/ 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems quite late to do this, considering the season finished a month ago. You’d also think that the conversation about the playing budget for next season would have been done by now as well, as teams have started releasing players and leaving that conversation this late would potentially mean they’d lose out on some players. Unless he wants to spend time off with his family after Sir Alex’s illness? 

When he’s ready, he’ll get another job easily. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Seems quite late to do this, considering the season finished a month ago. You’d also think that the conversation about the playing budget for next season would have been done by now as well, as teams have started releasing players and leaving that conversation this late would potentially mean they’d lose out on some players. Unless he wants to spend time off with his family after Sir Alex’s illness? 

When he’s ready, he’ll get another job easily. 

this was my thinking as well and given the timing of it all, seems the most logical.

Perhaps Ferguson Sr needs more care and attention following his release and I don't blame his son from wanting to spend more time with his dad. 

40 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Any more news on why this has happened? It seemed to be a good fit.

I suppose the club probably expected better than just staying up in the final couple of games, as they did absolutely ruin League Two the season before. 

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I suppose the club probably expected better than just staying up in the final couple of games, as they did absolutely ruin League Two the season before. 

Technically Portsmouth ruined the league by being top only once all season and that was in the final game xD

Archived