talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adam Federici - Stoke City in Talks

@Dickie

I completely forgot he played for Bournemouth. I'm very surprised he didn't try to angle a move back to The Championship in all honesty. He should be a steady pair of hands but if Stoke City have automatic promotion aspirations I wouldn't be surprised it he is signed as a second choice Goalkeeper.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is Butland not likely to move back up to the Premier League?

From what I've read he isn't getting offers to be a starter for any of the top 6 teams which is what he wants. He isn't going to move just to be a starter on a mid or lower table team. Especially with all the signings we've been making to jet back up to the premiership. I could see him staying for one year no matter what and then peacing after if we don't go up, people in the mid table will still want him no matter what.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dickie said:

From what I've read he isn't getting offers to be a starter for any of the top 6 teams which is what he wants. He isn't going to move just to be a starter on a mid or lower table team. Especially with all the signings we've been making to jet back up to the premiership. I could see him staying for one year no matter what and then peacing after if we don't go up, people in the mid table will still want him no matter what.

I'd find it baffling for him not to leave if he got an offer from a Watford or a Newcastle, especially when he's in a battle to potentially become the national team goalkeeper. It's one thing making a load of signings to try and get back up straight away but it's another thing actually being at a club already in the Premier League. 

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd find it baffling for him not to leave if he got an offer from a Watford or a Newcastle, especially when he's in a battle to potentially become the national team goalkeeper. It's one thing making a load of signings to try and get back up straight away but it's another thing actually being at a club already in the Premier League. 

Loyalty? I've heard it exists but I've always thought it was a myth. Then again Bauer, and Joe Allen stayed so.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived